Thinking about visiting for SXSW....

Is It Worth the headache , Last Year traffic was RIDICULOUS.
Hey babe if you haven't booked a hotel already way in advance good luck. Rooms going for $300+ even at Shitty hotels. Lucky if you can even find one of those hotels book up even as far out as Georgetown for the event.
  • ztonk
  • 03-07-2017, 08:46 PM
Lucky if you can even find one of those hotels book up even as far out as Georgetown for the event. Originally Posted by Britttany_love
And Georgetown is in Williamson County... highly not recommended.

z
Exactly stay out of wilco!!!
And the traffic will not be any better than last year or the year before last
You definitely have to plan WAY in advance in order to find a decent hotel room at a decent price.
Does that mean that the ladies who use hotel incalls will be on the sideline during SBSW? Just curious...haven't been around long
Don't forget about increased LE presence, cooperation by FBI, and stings.
Although there will be a ton of people (potential clients) coming to Austin that weekend, the cost of getting a hotel will likely make it too expensive to justify hosting incalls during SXSW.

Recently, I saw a provider in a nice home in the Hyde Park area that she had rented on AirBnB. That is something you could look into if you want to host/need a place to stay while you're here.

The other option (if available for you) is to stay with a friend for free and just do outcalls for the week.

Good luck
Is SXSW going on now? For how long?
The traffic will be worse this year than last year. And last year was horrific. I don't think it's worth the headache. I was at the Driskill Hotel on 6th street last year and it was awful--way too many people.
Art, sxsw already started, runs thru next weekend.

If the Austin scene intimidates, there's always an "Escape to San Antonio!"
awww... what's an extra fucking 180,000 tourists? fingers crossed for storms, sleet, rain, anything to send em' away with bad memories of this town.!!!
Well anyone wants to escape I have a nice quiet incall north of Austin I can host at lol
awww... what's an extra fucking 180,000 tourists? fingers crossed for storms, sleet, rain, anything to send em' away with bad memories of this town.!!! Originally Posted by nuglet
Shush, you.. Those extra 180,000 tourists are paying passengers helping me clear up some bills so I can have play money again.

(I hope they tip.)