Please, a little clarification.

"you may not display rate information or mention sexual services in your advertising."

I do understand this for legal reasons.

But we are not allowed to state 'GFE' anymore. GFE is not a rate nor a sexual service.

To be honest here, my ENTIRE advertising method is based upon GFE. I am sure many others are as well.

What can we do as providers to petition to at the least, get this GFE issue on the discussion table?
  • MLG
  • 01-18-2011, 08:13 AM
GFE isnt allowed in ads?

I'm so sorry ladies but yes, GFE is considered a sexual acronym and as such, is currently not permitted.
Now you know that Eccie will move heaven and earth to make you happy so my advice is to go into the National Forum and put forth your arguments. Wouldn't hurt to write the owners via email either but please, please - Wait a few days before you start the campaign because, trust me, they're overwhelmed right now with this rule changeover and a couple of other things behind the scenes.
I'd do it for you, but it's above my paygrade. LOL
Thanks a bunch JB, that was very helpful!

MLG, yeah I received a PM stating that I had to change my 'User Text' to remove GFE from it.

I forgot to ask when I originally posted this, what the heck is "User Text'? I mean, which area does that refer to that I have to change?

OOOOH...nevermind.

LMAO...they changed my title underneath my avatar to "BEST" instead of "GFE".
Well darlin', some say you are the Best, Right?

As far as User Text is concerned, I guess that's a mystery for the ages. hehehe
I'd guess it refers to whatever you wrote that is against the new rules. You wrote it, it's text.
Oh well, what do I know
That's actually what they nailed Kelly with JB. Now it's a movie too. I am glad it's gone. They need to do away with all the acronyms and make discussions more discreet.
That's actually what they nailed Kelly with JB. Now it's a movie too. I am glad it's gone. They need to do away with all the acronyms and make discussions more discreet. Originally Posted by Lacey Companion
I heard they had more than that on K. As to the acronyms, even if they were done away with, I think they'd be replaced with others. I don't think that any one Board would be able to outlaw them anyway. JMO, not Eccie's.
Unfortunately if acronyms were completely done away with, it's in my opinion that there would be a lot more room for confusion. Both shady women trying to rip gentlemen off, as well as gents trying to get more for their bargain during sessions (as in, "Oh I didn't know you did not provide that")

There is a good reason why they exist, although I can't disagree with ECCIE's decision to remove them. It's understandable.

IMHO, GFE is pretty innocent. It is an acronym that stands for Girlfriend Experience, nothing more. It's about the type of companionship and personality of the provider that a person is receiving, nothing sexual. Hence my post.

However I honestly believe that if there were to be some type of legal intervention, that a plain ad using an acronym would not go far evidence wise if the provider in person has not said anything incriminating against herself regarding services.
It wasn't a fear of LE that caused Eccie and many other boards to make the new rules. I'm not sure I can go any farther than that with the explanation as to why.
No worries, didn't mean to probe! I'm sure it's a very good reason. =)
I know I missed the 30 day rule by a few days but want to reply... JB, the very first thing they got K for was GFE. They sent a female to see about working for her and asked for the cut and dry definition. That's the 411 they used to bust down the door and continue their search when they took her 6 computers. I told her to tell her attorney to have them define PSE vs. GFE. Remember, I have known K since before either of us were providers or ASPD began. They did "ultimately" get her on the Mann's Act resulting in a 14 year stint but GFE is how it began. Just thought you may want to know this since it seems relevant to this subject. Sorry I didn't catch it sooner.