Non Spanish speaker here

Is the DR worth the trip for us non-native speakers?
Yes. Load Google Translate on your smart phone before you go. In tourist trap areas like Punta Cana and Puerto Playa you will find more English speakers, but somewhere like Juan Dolio not as much.
Is the DR worth the trip for us non-native speakers? Originally Posted by jobro54321
If the DR is in your budget and you want those girls for some playtime go for it and don't let language be a barrier. As noted by the reply above me Google has transformed ( rather translation apps as a whole) mongering to the point one can now communicate in any language worldwide and for that matter read the locals boards of a foreign country in English as well. Their info is more accurate than ' tourist boards.'

It is well discussed and believed one who speaks a language the girl speaks will have a better time, perhaps a better rate etc. I find this to be true of the Spanish speaking girls in the clubs and RLDs of Europe; I fare better with them than locals. Same can be said of these guys who cross the border as I used to in MX; speaking the language=better deals.. This held true in SMX and PTY for me as well.

FWIW my friend went to Blackbeard's and knows zero Spanish but the prices are fixed, the girls held to a higher level of service or the madam fires them and they are also tested for STDs...

Happy travels and good luck to you.