Another reason for a hobby phone.

This program does actually work. You need access to the phone you want to use but it's damn scary. I'm sure there could be problems but my buddy that just busted his wife with it swears by this.

OH and you can jack up your kids phones too. That's how I'm going to use it.

http://www.phonestealth.com/product_...FddA2god8CwIdg
OH and you can jack up your kids phones too. That's how I'm going to use it. Originally Posted by SoftPlaceToLand
If I were going to put this on my kids' phones, I would tell them it's there because I would rather try and keep them honest then catch them sneaking around.
a very useful program to catch cheating spouses.
...and a very good reason to keep your phone locked with security code so that your spouse cannot install this software.
...and a very good reason to keep your phone locked with security code so that your spouse cannot install this software. Originally Posted by subclade
I looked at the website, and have to admit, I'm confused. Maybe I missed something, but it looks like you don't have to install anything on the phone you're "spying on". But if so, what info would you need? Or could I use it to "spy" on any phone number I choose?
  • Txh64
  • 03-30-2011, 09:39 AM
At first glance it appears to be based on some old Bluetooth attacks. Basically, being able to attach your phone as a Bluetooth HID (Human Interface Device) to the target phone without the target being prompted to allow the connection or being able to see it. This is a pretty old attack (circa 2003) and is probably not valid on a modern day phone. It would also require physical proximity to work. The range for Bluetooth on most phones is about 10m/30ft. Google searching shows many complaints about it not working with several recent phone models (2008 and up).

There also seems to be a Java program that will relay SMS messages via Bluetooth to your phone. This also seems to have install issues on modern phones.

Still the advice of using a hobby phone is valid. Mistakes happen and it is more difficult to cross paths if you have 2 separate devices. Also, these types of attacks reappear sometimes at later times. It also may be a concern if you have an older phone.
  • Aflac
  • 03-30-2011, 09:40 AM
...and a very good reason to keep your phone locked with security code so that your spouse cannot install this software. Originally Posted by subclade
+1

If you need an excuse as to why you lock it, tell her that you use it for work and work has a policy that requires you to use a security lock feature.
If I were going to put this on my kids' phones, I would tell them it's there because I would rather try and keep them honest then catch them sneaking around. Originally Posted by filbone

OH or we could just TELL them it's on there and we don't have to spend a penny. Kids are dumb. I love being able to say that now.
And reason number 852 that I'm single.