WTF is going on?

So I had a date tonight and its been awhile since I've gotten the room at a notel. I pick up my date we head to patel's place and the guy behind the counter asks for my I'd. SOP, but then he says he needs my dates also. I walk back to my vehicle and kindly ask her for her ID(no I didn't look at hers I respect privacy) and the guy scans hers also. I inquire and he says that if a person shows up frequently either the gentleman or lady they are to refuse service to said individual. He specifically attributed the cause to prostitution. Has PI caved in to LE's pressure or is this some new corporate policy?
been awhile, not sure. I faked an ID a while ago, have thougt about doing it again. Just saying you are tired and have been driving for 20 hours and need a couple of hours may have headed it off.
I faked an ID a while ago, Originally Posted by live4fun
how do you fake an id?
(would like to know for future ref)
or did you use that excuse to 'fake' it?
...was a little confused
Buy one at the local flea market.
  • bbkid
  • 05-01-2011, 05:24 AM
I've never had that happen and would have left and gone to another place.
Buy one at the local flea market. Originally Posted by pyramider
FYI:

Texas Penal Code

"Sec. 37.10. TAMPERING WITH GOVERNMENTAL RECORD. (a) A person commits an offense if he:
......;
(2) makes, presents, or uses any record, document, or thing with knowledge of its falsity and with intent that it be taken as a genuine governmental record;"

As for any "defenses" .. tell that to an arresting officer, or the investigating officers who want to know if "John Smith" gave you, "John Doe," permission to use "Mr. Smith's" motor vehicle that you, "Mr. Doe," drove into the public parking lot with "Ms. Henry".......

Oh, and a "license" or "certificate" is by definition a "government record" ...

Just mentioning ... about turning a Class B or a "break up" into a felony.
Buy one at the local flea market. Originally Posted by pyramider
that would be bad to do if they catch you.. penalties are worse for false id
Really.. a fake ID is againist the law... wow shocked I am just shocked !!!
exluding laws that pertain to the hobby here, I guess that you know it is illegal, but since this is toss the law around I'll play.

For those who Barter services....

SEC. 361. FINANCIAL CRIMES ENFORCEMENT NETWORK.
[snip]
`Sec. 310. Financial Crimes Enforcement Network
`(a) IN GENERAL- The Financial Crimes Enforcement Network established by order of the Secretary of the Treasury (Treasury Order Numbered 105-08, in this section referred to as `FinCEN') on April 25, 1990, shall be a bureau in the Department of the Treasury.
`(b) DIRECTOR-
`(1) APPOINTMENT- The head of FinCEN shall be the Director, who shall be appointed by the Secretary of the Treasury.
`(2) DUTIES AND POWERS- The duties and powers of the Director are as follows:
[snip A,B,C,D,E]
`(F) Assist Federal, State, local, and foreign law enforcement and regulatory authorities in combatting the use of informal, nonbank networks and payment and barter system mechanisms that permit the transfer of funds or the equivalent of funds without records and without compliance with criminal and tax laws.
So I had a date tonight and its been awhile since I've gotten the room at a notel. I pick up my date we head to patel's place and the guy behind the counter asks for my I'd. SOP, but then he says he needs my dates also. I walk back to my vehicle and kindly ask her for her ID(no I didn't look at hers I respect privacy) and the guy scans hers also. I inquire and he says that if a person shows up frequently either the gentleman or lady they are to refuse service to said individual. He specifically attributed the cause to prostitution. Has PI caved in to LE's pressure or is this some new corporate policy? Originally Posted by Out_of_Bounds
I always pull past the entrance into the parking lot and park, get out and walk to the office. At least that way he/she in the office really has to be looking to see if I have anybody with me. Window tint helps too.
Get another Notel
So how do they distinguish between a person involved in prostitution v. a plain ole repeat customer. Isn't repeat business a good thing?

Personally, I rarely get the room. I usually let her get it and then call/text me the room number. Then I have no contact with the front desk.
How do they distinguish between prostitution and some every day adulterous play time?
  • h2h
  • 05-01-2011, 09:49 AM
How do they distinguish between prostitution and some every day adulterous play time? Originally Posted by john353
I don't think they do, I think they consider both of these prostitution!!!
  • eve
  • 05-01-2011, 10:08 AM
I think there was a thread started on this topic before. I would have said no walked out and went to another one. Just my 2 cents. I hate awkward situations.
That's crazy! How can the police order a business owner to refuse service to someone?

The criteria is pretty loose (i.e. if they show up "too often". LOL!) Some owners may think once a week is too often and others may think once a day is reasonable .)