Mitch McConnell to states: Drop dead

Some men, as Batman’s butler Alfred famously said, “can’t be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.”
Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) may be among them.
While it’s awfully hard to be surprised by the depths of the Senate majority leader’s cynicism, on Wednesday he gave a truly remarkable interview to conservative radio host Hugh Hewitt in which the subject of aid to states and localities came up in a discussion of the rescue packages that Congress has passed.

The Senate majority leader made clear that he does not want to see any more aid to states and localities from this point on. Instead, he believes that they should simply be forced to declare bankruptcy. He said:

My guess is their first choice would be for the federal government to borrow money from future generations to send it down to them now so they don’t have to do that [declare bankruptcy. That’s not something I’m going to be in favor of....
We all have governors regardless of party who would love to have free money. And that’s why I said yesterday we’re going to push the pause button here, because I think this whole business of additional assistance for state and local governments need to be thoroughly evaluated.

Meanwhile, his office is calling aid to states “Blue State Bailouts” — as though it’s only states with lots of Democrats that need help to avoid having to lay off teachers and cops, and not every state in the Union.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...tes-drop-dead/

Moscow Mitch and the Freedumb Caucus Confederates have a golden opportunity to pick the winners and losers in a country suffering from a deadly virus. They won’t be happy till we’re shooting each other down in the streets.
well run states shouldn't have to subsidize the profligate leftist states
What does that have to do with a Senator?
Many of these states and municipalities were in big pension trouble LONG before COVID19.

Many cities in CA and Detroit have had to do something. Right now my guess in Houston many city employees are fat, unproductive and working from home, thinking their job is not "at risk."

I remember some story about a Detroit officer who racked up tons of overtime. More hours of OT than was physically possible in a week. The police hierarchy said he had special dispensation and somehow got bonus hours. He retired early with a full pension and opened a fishing charter in FLA.

The swamp just doesn't exist in DC. Drain it.
As a Texan I shouldn’t have to bail out a steel factory in Kentucky owned by a Russian oligarch or the shareholders of Boeing.
You've been doing it long before President Trump. You've haven't been paying attention.
What does that have to do with a Senator? Originally Posted by HoeHummer
I'm struggling for an appropriate response that wont engender another dumb question
I'm struggling for an appropriate response that wont engender another dumb question Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought
Always about gender with yous, eh?

• oeb11
  • 04-23-2020, 08:25 AM
Or another YR response!!!
I'm struggling for an appropriate response that wont engender another dumb question Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought
Let me help you: put him on ignore. He's just trying to make up for a lost post count.
You've been doing it long before President Trump. You've haven't been paying attention. Originally Posted by gnadfly
Yeah I’m aware of that. I lived thru the Reagan trickledown economy and the Great Recession created by Bush 2. I didn’t agree to bailing out the Banks and shareholders during those times and I don’t agree with bailing out a steel factory in Kentucky owned by a Russian oligarch or saving Boeing shareholders from their inevitable crash. They bought their shares I say let them crash.
Amazing how much chirping a guys on ignored gets all day long, eh?

Seek help. Learns English. Gets a bullshits filter for your computers.

Wash your hands and guns.

Wash your hands and guns
  • oeb11
  • 04-23-2020, 08:50 AM
wash your hand - Clean your guns
Most sensible advice in some time!
Thank U - j66!
In another thread, many came down hard on Pelosi. And it seems rightfully so. Her approval rating is 36.3% in a summary of polls.

On the other side, McConnell has an approval rating of 27%.

Schumer is at 29%.

Of course, only 29% approve of the job Congress is doing. But it has gone up 10 points since March 7th.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...able-6673.html