Weird txt messages... need advice

I recently received two really strange txts...obviously from a fellow hobbiest. Saying he saw my profile online, liked what he saw, and wanted me to send him a pic of myself as I am "right now". The second one was "if I like what I see I will be a regular".

Three things came to mind: 1) I'm a hobbiest, not provider... WTF, and 2) my phone # isn't published anywhere (that I'm aware of). 3) Also made me think that some provider I may have seen or contacted did something with my # or was busted.

Weirded me out. What do you all think about that? What should I do (if anything)?
Text him back, tell him you've change a little bit since those pics, but feel he'll be pleasantly surprised, you don't like time wasters, give him your rates and ask him where he saw your profile and got your #?...On second thought don't give him your rates, it may not be the same as this profile he's seen, and he may spook...Tell him you give discounts to regulars after two standard sessions and this ain't your first rodeo...lol

Google your phone # and see what comes up, too.
  • bully
  • 01-26-2013, 12:31 AM
I recently received two really strange txts...obviously from a fellow hobbiest. Saying he saw my profile online, liked what he saw, and wanted me to send him a pic of myself as I am "right now". The second one was "if I like what I see I will be a regular".

Three things came to mind: 1) I'm a hobbiest, not provider... WTF, and 2) my phone # isn't published anywhere (that I'm aware of). 3) Also made me think that some provider I may have seen or contacted did something with my # or was busted.

Weirded me out. What do you all think about that? What should I do (if anything)? Originally Posted by norm4u
Say "sorry you must have the wrong number" and don't text anything more. If it raised enough suspicion for you to post about it here then follow your gut instinct and completely ignore him. The risk/reward ratio is not in your favor.
Text him a photo of a fat old man in lingerie and tell him bring it.
seriously goole your number and see what comes up. i would ask where he got the number and tell him you have no idea what he is talking about. tooooo strange!!!!
Wow I got a text say the samething, but he just ask to send a picture like I was then hell I didnt even text back.
Time to change your phone number
Wow I got a text say the samething, but he just ask to send a picture like I was then hell I didnt even text back. Originally Posted by exoticbabygirl
this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

do not reply! if you do, it'll send a confirmation to whomever texted you that your number is real and someone responds to text msgs.

ignore, ignore, ignore!!

that's my suggestion as well.