Designated Driver

This past weekend myself and several friends from out of town had our annual football weekend, where we watch the four game division playoffs, consume large amounts of beer, whiskey, and junk food, and hit several gentleman clubs into the late evenings.

My question or beef is why don't the clubs do something special for a designated driver?

It was my turn to be the D. D. this year and I was taken back by the clubs when I asked for a club soda with twist of lime and they charged me $5.75 per drink.

This happened at the Baby Dolls in Dallas and DFW, and Chicas Locas in Dallas.

I walk in with five males who are ready to party for several hours, consume multiple drinks at the clubs, get private dances and tip at the side stages, and when we included a drink for me it was an additional $5.75.

I have been to several regular clubs as a D.D. and any cost for the soda is waived. What gives at the "Gentlemen's Clubs"??

FL.
Did you actually tell them you were the DD or did you just ask for sodas? Usually, in my experience, if you inform them they won't charge.
Did you actually tell them you were the DD or did you just ask for sodas? Usually, in my experience, if you inform them they won't charge. Originally Posted by hemiman
Agreed, at least around here if they know you are the DD some will cut you a break
I was always the DD when me and my friends would make our weekly SC jaunts.

Either me or my buddies would always tell the gal at the front door I was the DD and they would either stamp my hand or put a band on my wrist to let he waitresses know I was a DD and would have free soft drinks all night. The waitresses always knew I'd tip them the cost of the drinks so they they always kept me carbonated.
I was always the DD when me and my friends would make our weekly SC jaunts.

Either me or my buddies would always tell the gal at the front door I was the DD and they would either stamp my hand or put a band on my wrist to let he waitresses know I was a DD and would have free soft drinks all night. The waitresses always knew I'd tip them the cost of the drinks so they they always kept me carbonated.