Pittsburgh's WORST Athletes

... G'day Sporting fans,

It surely had to happen - when we get such GREAT
responces in the other thread - Now This One:

... I'll have a go first... Awhile back the Steelers
had a fellow at receiver named Limus somebody.
And he COULDN'T catch the ball much-any.

### Salty
You talking about Limas Sweed?

He was no Smoky Burgess.
... G'day Sporting fans,

It surely had to happen - when we get such GREAT
responces in the other thread - Now This One:

... I'll have a go first... Awhile back the Steelers
had a fellow at receiver named Limus somebody.
And he COULDN'T catch the ball much-any.

### Salty Originally Posted by Salty Again
They found out he had poor vision. Got him contact lenses. Still didn’t fix his hands.

https://steelersdepot.com/2020/05/bi...r-limas-sweed/
Derick Bell haha
... Hee Hee! ... I had to search that one, mate.

This the fellow that played rather poor baseball for the Pirates?
And they released him and payed his BIG contract, and he thanked
the team - and sailed away on his yacht??

Seems like he's a BAD baseballer... But a good yachtsman!

### Salty
  • Typo
  • 01-25-2022, 05:31 AM
Where do Bubby Brister and Neil O'Donnell fall on the terrible athlete scale?
Where do Bubby Brister and Neil O'Donnell fall on the terrible athlete scale? Originally Posted by Typo
Above Terry Hanratty.
According to my HS baseball coach - probably me?
Where do Bubby Brister and Neil O'Donnell fall on the terrible athlete scale? Originally Posted by Typo
They are the stuff that lines the bottom of the barrel...one rung below a guy named Slash Stewart
Brister, O'Donnell and Stewart all at least had some success. We were spoiled as fuck to have them instead of other QB's

I can't go after them as bottom of the barrel when we had Chad Scott on Defense.
Brister, O'Donnell and Stewart all at least had some success. We were spoiled as fuck to have them instead of other QB's

I can't go after them as bottom of the barrel when we had Chad Scott on Defense. Originally Posted by HDGristle
Agree with the first part. But I’ll see your Chad Scott and raise you a Huey Richardson.
I have to throw a Penguin into this mix, not so much because he was bad (though he was nothing special), but rather due to the circumstances under which he was acquired. A lot of people may not know this (especially younger people), but we did have a hockey team here before 1991 or even before 1984. I don’t remember exactly when it was, but probably it was late 70s or early 80s. The Pens at that time traded their first round draft pick to the Montreal Canadiens for a guy named Rod Schutt. That move was met, quite understandably, with much criticism. A modern equivalent might be trading a first rounder for Domenic Simon or Chad Ruhwedhal. When asked by the media, the Pens GM looked honestly confused. He said “What’s the issue; the guy’s a 50 goal scorer?”

Trouble was the GM (apologies, I can’t remember who it was) honestly thought he had acquired STEVE Schutt from Montreal, who at the time was one of the top wingers in the NHL. Like I said Rod Schutt wasn’t really terrible, but I’m still nominating him just based on the level of ineptitude surrounding his acquisition.
Hee Hee! ... Mate, I had to go check.
THAT was a fellow by the name of "Baz" Bastien.

Baz: "I just got Shutt from Montreal!"

Reporter: "Hmmm... That's odd. The Canadians are playing in Toronto
right now... Steve Shutt has two assists."

### Salty
Hee Hee! ... Mate, I had to go check.
THAT was a fellow by the name of "Baz" Bastien.

Baz: "I just got Shutt from Montreal!"

Reporter: "Hmmm... That's odd. The Canadians are playing in Toronto
right now... Steve Shutt has two assists."

### Salty Originally Posted by Salty Again
At that time, Montreal had a GM(I think it was Sam Pollock) who made a habit of making deals like that.