Tom Brady, and why Ben could never have been him.

• Devo
  • 02-01-2022, 02:33 PM
For the record, I hate Tom Brady, he's a smarmy Soiboi, who, I think is really gay, and uses his wife as a beard, so there is that.

With his retirement official, I think its fair to analyze why he is what he is, and why Ben could never have been Tom Brady.

Ben, is what I see as the last of the old NFL, he was a bruising, tough guy quarterback, and, as we have seen from his career, he may be the last of his type we see.

Looking at the two QBs going to the Bowl, we see now what the expectation has become, and its more Brady than Ben.

Mobile, able to run, when needed but passing is becoming the bigger weapon as opposed to the run, smaller guys, with better offensive lines.

Ben was handicapped in Pittsburgh, for two reasons, one, the Roonies are cheap bastards, and never surrounded him with the premium players you need to win.

Further, after Bill Cowher left, the agenda was not for the Steelers to have the best coach, but, the coach that was the woke coach, and the Steelers to be the first "Woke" team by pushing the agenda for affirmative action in the NFL, where it really hurt, was allowing a lousy coach, to maintain an atmosphere of fairness, and not an atmosphere of being a coach to deliver winning seasons.

Again, say what you will about Belechick, he had one focus, and that was to win, by having good players, with good attitudes, that were first good teammates.

I'd say the same thing about Andy Reid, who has built another winning franchise.

The circuses that were allowed to happen in Pittsburgh, Antonio Brown for one example, would have have been tolerated by the people who run the Patriots, never, and, I give the blame to the ownership in Pittburgh, who were hampered by the need to fair to persons of color, and, were hamstringed by that need first, and put priorities into the wrong items.

I think the last 20 years show both the way to win in the NFL, and the way not to win, you either prioritize player development, and player attitude, or you don't care, as long as your a fielding a team who meets the specific desires of one progressive crowd.

Many people point to Kaepernick and his kneeling as the shot across the bow, that has changed the NFL forever, and, it has changed, but that change wasn't with Kaerpernick, it was the change to allow an agenda of tolerance and fairness under Mike Tomlin, instead of a agenda of "I'll punch you in the fucking mouth, gouge your eyes out, and skull fuck you if that's what I need to win".

That's the attitude I remember from the Steelers of the 70s. Even Cowher had that grit as a coach, that reminded me more of that 70s attitude.

Everything from those teams, has left, with the retirement of Ben.

I wonder how good Ben could have been under a Patriot coach, owner, and management, he'll be a HOF QB, anybody who could take 18 years of the hits he took deserves that much, but, I think he easily could have had twice as many rings, if he had been on a team that was dedicated to use his talent to win, and not just have him be the only thing that's kept the Steelers as just competitive, for the last fifteen years.
  • Devo
  • 02-01-2022, 03:02 PM
Just found this looking at some Canada Trucker stuff on Twitter, you can't make this shit up, and, this is why Tomlin will never leave unless he quits.

https://twitter.com/search?q=%22Bria...ertical=trends

Quote:
Sportico
@Sportico
·
1h
BREAKING: Former
@Dolphins
coach Brian Flores has filed a class-action lawsuit (alongside other Black coaches) against the
@NFL
for its racial hiring practices.
Did Brady actually retire this time? Lot's of cart before the horse announcements lately
... Been all horse and dray since the Rams kicked the field goal.
... I think Brady's done... at least for the next season.

### Salty
Did Brady actually retire this time? Lot's of cart before the horse announcements lately Originally Posted by HDGristle
Yes, he made it official today.