Can you cover your ass suddenly for 5 hours???

There is a news story about a fugitive holding up at a hotel out by the airport here in Lincoln.

As was suggested to me by another board member, could you fuckin' imagine meeting a lady out there and suddenly you're in the middle of a god damn standoff for 5 hours?
Nothing but cop and SWAT vehicles around the parking lot and local news media?

And, of course, you'd probably have to pay for all 5 hours even though you're too freaked out to get it up! lol
  • LNK
  • 04-10-2014, 05:39 PM
I just saw that, and had the same thought. I think I'd quietly shit myself, then try to go out a door away from cameras.

As long as you don't resemble the guy they're looking for, I don't see where there would be a problem in getting out, but having your picture taken could cause problems.
That's when you tip the front desk person VERY well to go get your car and bring it to the front.
  • LNK
  • 04-10-2014, 06:06 PM
That's when you tip the front desk person VERY well to go get your car and bring it to the front. Originally Posted by MsElena
Problem with that would be the 13 cops standing near the front desk, all looking with a jaundiced eye, at you.

As you shit yourself again.

No good would come of that situation, any way it happens.
I cannot imagine this scenario happening and me not crapping myself either...that's a pretty big deal. Now I'm going to laugh for just a second at the thought of someone shitting themselves with a "jaundiced" eye.
Call room service and order drinks - lots of drinks. And hang tight. Stay in your room. And get freakin' dressed.
BTW - I am NOT paying for 5 hours - if you want to leave - fine by me.
  • LNK
  • 04-10-2014, 07:30 PM
Call room service and order drinks - lots of drinks. And hang tight. Stay in your room. And get freakin' dressed. Originally Posted by oldguy57
BTW - I am NOT paying for 5 hours - if you want to leave - fine by me. Originally Posted by oldguy57
But the problem comes when you can't just disappear for that long. Some of us operate in tight time windows.
I cannot be lost for that period of time either, but nothing is gained by doing anything but sitting still. You are going to have ample time to think up an excuse. Communicate with the folks that you need to communicate with. Tell them at first only that you are going to be delayed. You don't have time to talk right now. And then get a good story. But, for god sakes, stay in the room.
But I did NOT realize the whole thing lasted 5 hours!! Holy crap batman!!

That would take a lot of 'splainin' to be done... hmmmm Damn... Boy.. the more I think about this... Wow...
Times like this is when you should be thankful for the ladies with private incalls.
Times like this is when you should be thankful for the ladies with private incalls. Originally Posted by Ms.Lady Y

Amen
  • LNK
  • 04-10-2014, 09:38 PM
Times like this is when you should be thankful for the ladies with private incalls. Originally Posted by Ms.Lady Y
Amen Originally Posted by MsElena
Can I get an Amen, Brothers and Sisters!
  • LNK
  • 04-10-2014, 09:41 PM
I cannot be lost for that period of time either, but nothing is gained by doing anything but sitting still. You are going to have ample time to think up an excuse. Communicate with the folks that you need to communicate with. Tell them at first only that you are going to be delayed. You don't have time to talk right now. And then get a good story. But, for god sakes, stay in the room. Originally Posted by oldguy57
Unless the police/front desk specifically told me to stay in the room, I'd be out of there like a shot, as soon as I could do so without getting a face full of camera lens.

Hard to communicate with people when you don't have your RL phone.
Unless the police/front desk specifically told me to stay in the room, I'd be out of there like a shot, as soon as I could do so without getting a face full of camera lens.

Hard to communicate with people when you don't have your RL phone. Originally Posted by LNK
The only problem is when the cops ask the hotel clerk if you are registered and they say no! Interrogation time with channel 8 news recording.