Musing on the (sometimes) incongruity of positive reviews

I've had a few occasions to ponder this over the years.

Let's say you're an average guy. Your ability to charm the ladies was sufficient to maybe get a drunk girl in the sack a time or two in college, and then persuade a decent woman of lesser intelligence to marry you (if she married you, she has to be of lesser intelligence, right? ). You have certain needs -- whatever they may be -- that are unfulfilled, so you turn to the hobby.

You meet a nice young lady. (Or two. Or three. Or a half-dozen. But we'll keep it simple and singular.) She fulfills those needs, and you wouldn't mind at all if those hour-or-two-at-a-time meetings could occur more frequently. You like her, but not enough to declare your undying affection for her, offer to "take her away from this" (even if she might be receptive to such an offer), or even become her sugardaddy (even if that were financially possible). In fact, you might not want to spend more than an hour or two at a time with her. But you do enjoy the time you spend with her, even when you're not fucking.

[slight hyperbole]
Isn't it somewhat strange that the best thing you can do for her is tell all your "friends" what a great cocksucker she is, how she'll suck your balls dry as the Gobi desert, and they need to hurry over and fuck her NOW?
[/slight hyberbole]

I wonder if that's one reason that some guys don't write reviews, though by their positive comments in other threads, you know they've seen someone and enjoyed her companionship. Not sayin' that's the only reason, but I'll bet it's a consideration every now and then.
good thread. I have not written reviews (and I have had 3 sessions since my sign up). One reason is exactly what you said, I want to keep the good ones to myself, even if she has been reviewed before. Another reason is the antagonism of members on the board who write comments below reviews, be it because they do not feel the same way as the reviewer of said provider or they just like to stir shit. If there was a way that no one could comment on the review underneath it, that would be ideal.
I've been reviewing since the nineties, and have never experienced angst over my reviews or any comments in response to my reviews.

Maybe it's because I realize this is just a silly hooker message board.
I hear you on the catch 22 review dilemma, I mean you like her and who knowingly wants to share their "toys" but at the same time this it is her business. Reviews are good for information exchange between guys but is also a big marketing tool for the lady.
I have met some who I would love to keep for my own and spoil rotten if it were possible, but alas I know I don't have the means. The only thing I can do is help them be successful in their business, which means sharing. It feels weird sometimes reading other reviews of my gems; especially when some of the descriptions come off a little degrading. Then I snap back to the understanding that this business is about desires and currency in short increments, nothing more....enjoy your increments and treasure them for what they are.
  • L.A.
  • 10-27-2013, 06:57 PM
good thread. I have not written reviews (and I have had 3 sessions since my sign up). One reason is exactly what you said, I want to keep the good ones to myself, even if she has been reviewed before. Another reason is the antagonism of members on the board who write comments below reviews, be it because they do not feel the same way as the reviewer of said provider or they just like to stir shit. If there was a way that no one could comment on the review underneath it, that would be ideal. Originally Posted by NearHauteRed
Wow....

"You want to keep the good ones to yourself" I'm sure the providers appreciate that. Not like they would appreciate a good review for a good session. I mean they are just on here for fun.

And God forbid somebody write something about your review ( that you won't write). I mean that would be terrible.

This board is NOT the place for this type of attitude. But I'm sure you didn't read any reviews in making your selection for any of your 3 sessions ( that you won't write reviews for).
If you meet a provider who is super hotttt, the fantasy might be to keep her for yourself but that is totally unrealistic as noted. It is best to share her and make her very successful so that she has a great experience providing and will do it for as long as possible. I personally find it a turn on for guys to crave the gals I really like the most and write reviews and comments expressing all the wild things they do to her and with her as it makes her even more desirable and hotter to me. Who wants to be with a gal who nobody wants to see. The hotter she is to others the better as long as she will always make time for me.
I hear you on the catch 22 review dilemma, I mean you like her and who knowingly wants to share their "toys" but at the same time this it is her business. Reviews are good for information exchange between guys but is also a big marketing tool for the lady.
I have met some who I would love to keep for my own and spoil rotten if it were possible, but alas I know I don't have the means. The only thing I can do is help them be successful in their business, which means sharing. It feels weird sometimes reading other reviews of my gems; especially when some of the descriptions come off a little degrading. Then I snap back to the understanding that this business is about desires and currency in short increments, nothing more....enjoy your increments and treasure them for what they are. Originally Posted by bored@home
Agree with you 100% on a review being a marketing tool, the providers have several other marketing tools as well. I am not saying I will never write a review on here, but because there is no verification process to see if the session took place, you have guys writing fake and satire reviews to get PA and you got legit review writers who get ridiculed and run down because "it didn't happen like that when I saw her" bullshit and before you know it, instead of the provider being reviewed getting that publicity she deserves, it becomes another one of the many drama threads on Eccie with a piss and moan, childish name calling match between members.

Wow....

"You want to keep the good ones to yourself" I'm sure the providers appreciate that. Not like they would appreciate a good review for a good session. I mean they are just on here for fun.

And God forbid somebody write something about your review ( that you won't write). I mean that would be terrible.

This board is NOT the place for this type of attitude. But I'm sure you didn't read any reviews in making your selection for any of your 3 sessions ( that you won't write reviews for). Originally Posted by L.A.
Being different is not an undesired attitude nor is it violation of the rules of this site and believe me, there are many male members on this site who have seen many providers for sessions and do not write any or a very small number of reviews. I have never had a provider tell me that she would not give me top notch service because I will not write a review on here, or perhaps I write my reviews elsewhere, no crime in that either. I have seen more than 3 providers, but just 3 since I have signed up on this site, and no, I did not see one of them based upon your reviews, sorry.
I agree with your sentiment about the guys posting content/reviews and to each their own. Some of these gals are incredible people and certainly are quite appealing well beyond their physical attributes. However, I don't mind the ladies being successful and I don't try to keep them to myself. If I did want to do so, I'd probably want to keep her for good and give her a good life reason to never need to be a provider again. Ahh.. life is such the dream and that lightning hasn't stuck yet.

When see guys with 20+ 30+ eccie reviews I typically dismiss them as pimp-wannabes or someone doing reviews on the behalf of a "managed" situation so their review content is always suspect.

I just saw a review the other day by one well known eccie (hobbyist/aka pimptard?) where another (different) guy claimed he would be posting the session/provider picts on the reviewers behalf later. Sorry, but that kind of review collusion tells me that their reviews are all pretty much canned (promotional items). They usually try to have snappy titles, use the same lingo in each review/title, and overall, as a group seem have a fairly limited intellect.
I have to say that I don't like posting reviews very much, mainly because I don't feel I can do the ladies the justice they deserve. I has never occurred to me not to post one so I could keep her a secret. I think the opposite is true. I want them to be successful so I can keep seeing them. I also have no problem confirming someone else's positive review of a lady I have seen, with the idea that it might help her business. Positive reviews have prompted me to see ladies that I have not seen before on many occasions. Just my 2 cents.
[slight hyperbole]
Isn't it somewhat strange that the best thing you can do for her is tell all your "friends" what a great cocksucker she is, how she'll suck your balls dry as the Gobi desert, and they need to hurry over and fuck her NOW?
[/slight hyberbole] Originally Posted by Sir Lancehernot
This is the meet of what I was trying to open up for discussion in the post. The speculation about not writing reviews was more an afterthought. If you guys want, I'll open up a thread about people who don't write reviews, but I'd rather keep this thread focused on whether anyone feels something of a conflict of interest when writing some positive reviews.

I'll confess to having such feelings, but rarely. For me, they arise in the conversation afterwards we're through, or at lunch or dinner, or through e-mail exchanges that develop over time. Again, not every conversation or dinner prompts such feelings. I'd say maybe five or six ladies out of 70+ in 15 years.

It's not being selfish or not wanting to share. I review just about every encounter, even for some who don't need (but probably appreciate) the publicity. It's the feeling that the relationship is just a little beyond transactional in nature, and, while I know I'll probably catch some flak for putting it in this context, even with the qualifier, it's sort of like bragging in the locker room about banging your girlfriend and then inviting everyone else on the team to do so.
Wow....

This board is NOT the place for this type of attitude. But I'm sure you didn't read any reviews in making your selection for any of your 3 sessions ( that you won't write reviews for). Originally Posted by L.A.
+1,000,000!!! It's freeloading plain and simple. Glad they can't read the ROS unless they contribute or pay.

Great thread - I've had that dilemma - ladies such as SexyHeather, Melannie Star, THN, EBG, Roxy, and Viktoria are great providers (of many - shouldn't list names if I left someone out) and people but if I don't share how great they are in the sexual sense I'm not being the kind of friend they need on the boards. I can't offer to take them away from this so I realize the business part and do what I can besides seeing them is promote them - not in the blind WK manner...don't know if that really helps anyone. And I'm asked about who I recommend in the Men's Lounge or PMs and that's how I can help them. 20 years ago and I'd probably married any of them - but I didn't and I can't.

The personal side does sometimes have issues with raving about these ladies and sharing details of how great they are in a sexual manner, as I don't want to degrade or disrespect them because I'm ultra GFE - I care about them as people and in my heart want to treat them as a lady. I was never the type to broadcast about getting laid when I was young but in the end this is what they're doing for now so if a review will help them then I do it. On the flip side, if a lady I clicked with asked me not to do a review after a good session I'd respect that and keep it UTR, and have done that. However, if a lady steals, is unethical (love using that term here), or something else that may affect other clients in a negative way I will share that. Feel if I'm going to take (information) then I should give. Someone that asks and never does reviews or contributes in a meaningful manner? Sorry - you're on your own...don't believe in free rides in this world.
I write reviews for two fold reason. If I enjoyed the experience, I feel like thats my way of doing the girl a favor. Afterall its business to them and positive review gets more business.
Second, to get premimium access. Now I have thought about paying for lifetime access and not doing reviews that much.

But feel like just like I get benefit of the reviews, I need to provide them. If not it defeats the purpose of this board.

Lastly I tend to avoid negative reviews, unless the girl was absolutely bad. So far haven't had to do that or compelled to do that. Mostly because I do tend to be very selective. But like everyone, I have had few not so good ones to bad ones, but not bad enough.

Anyway, I have thought about once or twice not posting a review since I liked the girl a lot, but did it anyway because she needed the business.
  • L.A.
  • 10-27-2013, 08:21 PM
When see guys with 20+ 30+ eccie reviews I typically dismiss them as pimp-wannabes or someone doing reviews on the behalf of a "managed" situation so their review content is always suspect.
Originally Posted by SD2011
20 reviews in 3 years makes somebody a pimp? Damn where's my money???
20 reviews in 3 years makes somebody a pimp? Damn where's my money??? Originally Posted by L.A.
Talk about Stupid opinions, that does top it for me. I.e. someone with higher number of reviews is most likely a pimp notion. Even for ECCIE, that seem pretty low on intelligence scale. But then, I guess, thats what makes this board interesting, even if it was fucking.

See all kinds of weird thinking, not just the acts.
  • L.A.
  • 10-27-2013, 08:49 PM
This is the meet of what I was trying to open up for discussion in the post. The speculation about not writing reviews was more an afterthought. If you guys want, I'll open up a thread about people who don't write reviews, but I'd rather keep this thread focused on whether anyone feels something of a conflict of interest when writing some positive reviews.
Originally Posted by Sir Lancehernot
I completely understand what you're saying and can see how some people might feel like that.

I don't really feel that way at all....If I have a good session I'm writing a good review hopefully to help a good provider get more business. It's not like if I don't write the review she's gonna stop seeing clients.