Stanek ''Balks'' in the Winning run tonight, and is Royally Pissed! Did he balk?

https://www.foxsports.com/watch/play-679c7800800069a

You could read his lips... ''How the fuck is that a balk, I stepped off''.

He went ballistic after striking out the batter for the 3rd out. Tossed from the game.
Yes it was. He twitched his leg and had too much arm movement before he stepped off. Umpire’s judgement said he had started his motion therefore he cant step off at that point.
Yes it was. He twitched his leg and had too much arm movement before he stepped off. Umpire’s judgement said he had started his motion therefore he cant step off at that point. Originally Posted by DoubleEagle

I agree, but it was so unfortunate. His first balk ever. and he really had no idea what he did wrong. I hate seeing a game decided (maybe) by that one call.

But it's like these guys who check their swing, and the bat head crosses the plate. There is almost no such thing as a successful check swing.
It’s all in the umpires judgement, which cannot b questioned. That way I hate replay and hope they NEVER bring strike zone camera into play. Will take human element out of the game.
Hate the human element. That ump overstepped his boundary. He has to remember you are not bigger than the game. He is the same loser on here who writes a review for us where he paid $400 but could not keep erect so he raves about the 20 minute massage he got - lame.
bahaha, looked like shit to me too. Some game that was.