Will the Chief Justice wear the gold stripes?

As precedent was set by Reinquist, does he have to?

As precedent was set by Reinquist, does he have to?
Originally Posted by eccieuser9500
As Roberts to date hasn't worn them, I don't think any sort of precedent was set.
  • oeb11
  • 12-10-2019, 07:57 AM
Typical - DPST - more concerned about dress than substance of an impeachment trial.

Which is one of the reasons the Senate will not convict - it is all simple hyperpartisan TDS DPST politics.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Yup
As Roberts to date hasn't worn them, I don't think any sort of precedent was set. Originally Posted by eccielover
I stated precedent was set at the Clinton impeachment. No official reason for the stripes though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wf_TLCbaEBk

Chief Justice William Rehnquist’s Gold Stripes

https://www.democracynow.org/1999/1/...s_gold_stripes

Supreme Court Chief Justice William Rehnquist started to wear gold braids on his robes five years ago in emulation of the lead character in the Gilbert and Sullivan play, “Iolanthe.” At the beginning of the play it is revealed that the Lord, head of the British judiciary, had an affair 25 years ago and that he fathered a love child who is half-mortal and half-fairy. The play is a satire of the duality between the public roles of politicians and their private lives and desires.

I stated precedent was set at the Clinton impeachment. No official reason for the stripes though. Originally Posted by eccieuser9500
You are losing me. He started wearing them before the impeachment trial and just so happened to wear them there.

What are you trying to get at?

What color shoes did he wear? Did he have pants and underwear on. I'm losing the precedent part?
You are losing me. He started wearing them before the impeachment trial and just so happened to wear them there.

What are you trying to get at? Originally Posted by eccielover
Will we see them at this impeachment? I wish I could start a pole.

Roberts needs to wear a MAGA hat.
Will we see them at this impeachment? I wish I could start a pole. Originally Posted by eccieuser9500
Does anyone but you care???
Yes. The POTUS cares about ratings. "It's gonna be the greatest impeachment, in the history of impeachments."

Prop bet anyone?
Roberts needs to wear a MAGA hat. Originally Posted by Jackie S
This guy gets it.

Does anyone but you care??? Originally Posted by eccielover
Typical - DPST - more concerned about dress than substance of an impeachment trial.

Which is one of the reasons the Senate will not convict - it is all simple hyperpartisan TDS DPST politics. Originally Posted by oeb11
Typical responses. Look in the mirror, boy! You suck.
  • oeb11
  • 12-10-2019, 09:15 AM
Typical DPST response YR - name-calling and scatology

Grow up
the impeachment trial, to be a complete airing and cleansing, needs to be about everything that's happened in the Obama/hellary years and the first three years of trump

all the Benghazi lies, the use of the instruments of government to harm your political enemies, the personal enrichment of these liars, the lies of the Russia hoax, the impeach 45 idiocies, the complete expose of it all is needed to be able to recover

congress and its organization, allowing $170,000 a year servants to become multimillionaires in a few years with exclusions from insider trading and special deals and every other silent sales of office that occur

the seeds of discontent will only continue to germinate without a complete deep hoeing

even the news media needs to be humbled and shamed with an examination of its special place in the constitution and its abject failure to live up to the reasons it was so honored