Question to All

Does allowing 5;000 illegals a day before action is triggered seem reasonable to you?

If it does why?

You know my number is ONE.

ITS A GOOD THING Langford isn’t up for re-election till 2028, I can’t believe one of the most conservative voting states there is.
Does allowing 5;000 illegals a day before action is triggered seem reasonable to you?

If it does why?

ITS A GOOD THING Langford isn’t up for re-election till 2028, I can’t believe one of the most conservative voting states there is. Originally Posted by oilfieldace
OFA, no it is not reasonable at all.
Clarification it’s not 5000 one day rather a rolling average over 7 days for the 5k threshold, 8500 in one day is the number that triggers immediate action. This makes the bill even more ridiculous than I first thought. No one in their right mind could possibly vote in favor of this horrific legislation.

BTW unoccupied children will not be counted in total. I am pretty sure the cartel can easily get around this ridiculous stipulations

BTW the numbers I stated came from the mouth of one of the bills authors, hopefully she at least know what she claims she wrote

If it does why?

ITS A GOOD THING Langford isn’t up for re-election till 2028, I can’t believe one of the most conservative voting states there is. Originally Posted by oilfieldace
Considering that the population of the United States is over 330 million and the world population is over 8 billion 5000 a day is minuscule in comparison.

Immigrants are coming whether we want them to or not. Some deserve to be let in and some don’t. We need a well funded and robust system in place with well defined rules and procedures to deal with the problem. The senate has come up with a compromise bill to try and deal with the issue.

I urge everyone to contact their congressional representatives and ask them to work on this bill now and not after the elections in November.

If republicans truly want to get something done then now is the time to do it because right now both democrats and republicans want to get something done. The longer republicans block things in congress the crazier they look.
Relativity, proportion, and the cost to reduce the number to 1 will all need to be taken into consideration.
Considering that the population of the United States is over 330 million and the world population is over 8 billion 5000 a day is minuscule in comparison.

Immigrants are coming whether we want them to or not. Some deserve to be let in and some don’t. We need a well funded and robust system in place with well defined rules and procedures to deal with the problem. The senate has come up with a compromise bill to try and deal with the issue.

I urge everyone to contact their congressional representatives and ask them to work on this bill now and not after the elections in November.

If republicans truly want to get something done then now is the time to do it because right now both democrats and republicans want to get something done. The longer republicans block things in congress the crazier they look. Originally Posted by txdot-guy
Getting something done for the sake of getting it done is ridiculous. And no you must have been asleep when Trump was President, without any help from congress or Senate and had the border crossing 100 times lower than this master piece. All Biden has to do is reinstate Trumps policies. Biden is the problem and not the Republicans.

If republicans truly want to get something done then now is the time to do it because right now both democrats and republicans want to get something done. The longer republicans block things in congress the crazier they look. Originally Posted by txdot-guy
That’s funny , sometimes you can’t see the Forrest for all the damn trees.
Getting something done for the sake of getting it done is ridiculous. And no you must have been asleep when Trump was President, without any help from congress or Senate and had the border crossing 100 times lower than this master piece. All Biden has to do is reinstate Trumps policies. Biden is the problem and not the Republicans. Originally Posted by oilfieldace
And this attitude is why nothing will get done. Unfortunately we can’t reinstate Trump’s policies because they have been found unconstitutional. Sticking your fingers in your ears and refusing to listen won’t solve the problem. You can’t simply refuse to take part in the process.

When did we succumb to the winner take all mentality. With the number of people in congress that never works. Even if congress was 100 percent republican there would still be winners and losers. The only way to get something done is to play the game. Advocate your position and then vote.
The House has an immigration bill that actually has some meat on the bone. Why doesn’t the Dems in the Senate pass it?

Gonna say it one more time Biden has the tools and responsibility to curtail the border crises but refuses to do it, now who really is the problem. If this country comes to it senses and elects Trump then and only then will things get done. The problem with the 330 million folks in America is not enough bend over and vote Democrat, Biden is trying to fix that by allowing these illegals to invade this country.
The House has an immigration bill that actually has some meat on the bone. Why doesn’t the Dems in the Senate pass it?

Gonna say it one more time Biden has the tools and responsibility to curtail the border crises but refuses to do it, now who really is the problem. If this country comes to it senses and elects Trump then and only then will things get done. The problem with the 330 million folks in America is not enough bend over and vote Democrat, Biden is trying to fix that by allowing these illegals to invade this country. Originally Posted by oilfieldace
You already know the answer to your own question. The “Secure the border act of 2023” is complete partisan bull designed to send a political message and not to actually achieve anything. I restate my earlier point. Compromise is the only answer.

You are again advocating for a winner take all position. You say that only if Trump is elected will anything get done. That might be true but only because Trump is telling his cult like followers to block any meaningful change.

Compromise Compromise Compromise Compromise Compromise

PS. Illegals aren’t allowed to vote. But their children might in about 18 years.
Getting something done for the sake of getting it done is ridiculous. And no you must have been asleep when Trump was President, without any help from congress or Senate and had the border crossing 100 times lower than this master piece. All Biden has to do is reinstate Trumps policies. Biden is the problem and not the Republicans. Originally Posted by oilfieldace
Some things can get done by decree, but Trump and his entire administration faced more lawsuits post those executive orders than anyone before. That's why the requirement is to go through the legislative process instead of the executive order process.
And this attitude is why nothing will get done. Unfortunately we can’t reinstate Trump’s policies because they have been found unconstitutional. Sticking your fingers in your ears and refusing to listen won’t solve the problem. You can’t simply refuse to take part in the process.

When did we succumb to the winner take all mentality. With the number of people in congress that never works. Even if congress was 100 percent republican there would still be winners and losers. The only way to get something done is to play the game. Advocate your position and then vote. Originally Posted by txdot-guy
This is what Mr. Molasses doesn't understand.

Executive orders are similar to decrees in that they have the force of law. However, they are not legislation and cannot override statute law or the Constitution. Executive orders are subject to judicial review and may be overturned if they lack support by statute or the Constitution.

Executive orders are official documents issued by the White House to direct the Executive Branch of the U.S. Government. They state mandatory requirements for the Executive Branch and have the effect of law.

Executive orders are not legislation and require no approval from Congress. However, Congress may pass legislation that might make it difficult, or even impossible, to carry out the order.

Examples of Royal Decrees include the granting of royal decorations, ambassador appointments, and the appointments of senior civil servants.
None of that bill makes any sense to me.

Half of it is going to Ukraine. I am ok with supporting Ukraine, but that support should be debated as a separate bill. TW: That amount of money, some 60 billion USD, is about the budget for the entire US Marine Corps.

But wat irks me the most, is that border security can be done qithout massive additional spending. Severely limiting the influx of foregn nationals (whatever you want o to call them) can be done with laws that are already in place and through administrative actions on the part of the executive branch. Ink is pretty cheap.