world Cup

Of course I'm going for the U.S. but there is a better chance Brazil will take it since it's taken place in their own country. They already have one of the best teams as it is! You never know, I never saw Spain winning the last cup. If I were betting I would say Brazil!
  • Trey
  • 05-27-2014, 01:11 PM
I don't think the men's team will make it far this time. I think our bracket is pretty tough this go time, at least from the little I hear about the World Cup.. I always go for our women's team though. I just hope the vuvuzela thing is no more!
The U.S. is in Group G AKA "The Group of Death." Also consisting of Ghana, Germany, & Portugal.

Ghana Eliminated The U.S. in '06 & '10.

Hanging with Germany & Portugal?
:rhetorical question:

After that I believe they'll be up against Group H. Belgium, Algeria, Russia, & Korea.
Donovan is not on his game anymore. He was on the news that he was tired and getting old. Maybe he will eat his wheaties amd give us a chance! Mexico has Chicharito, but they aren't a strong team. I'm voting Brazil to make it to the end,
  • Trey
  • 05-27-2014, 02:05 PM
He has already been cut from the team
I guess my whole National Thread on the subject has been overlooked.
A damn shame!

Sorry IG, I barely ever look at the national board.
Sorry IG, I barely ever look at the national board. Originally Posted by bustyamy
There's a national board?
USA has zero chance of getting out of their group. Germany or Spain should take it, Brazil doesn't have the depth or scoring ability to match either of those teams.
Don't underestimate Argentina or The Dutch! France and Germany are historically big contenders as well.

Personally I would love to see The Netherlands win it.
Italy!! I will be there to root them on!!
Argentina has a very good team with Messi and Aguero (who had a great season for Man City and if not for Suarez might have been Player of the Year). I'm just not sure they can match up defensively against the stronger teams. The Dutch won't contend, Van Persie and Robben won't be able to carry that team, although I'm a big Krul fan he's one of the best keepers in the world. Italy is another good team but no match for Germany or Spain.
USA has zero chance of getting out of their group. Germany or Spain should take it, Brazil doesn't have the depth or scoring ability to match either of those teams. Originally Posted by Mr. Romantic
Agreed!!!

Don't underestimate Argentina or The Dutch! France and Germany are historically big contenders as well.

Personally I would love to see The Netherlands win it. Originally Posted by HoustonJoe
The Dutch are perennial under performers...and their squads not even as good as last time. I'm beginning to think that they may not even advance past the group stage.

Italy!! I will be there to root them on!! Originally Posted by sharkman29
Wow...Sorry shark, think you're gonna be in for a little disappointment. They have to get past Uruguay and England first. Although this squad is probably a little better than the squad who finished last in group behind NEW ZEALAND last time.

8 Days, 2 Hrs & 43 Minutes to go.

Let's see.... I predict the following teams will make it close.

Germany
Argentina
Brazil
Italy

Mexico i don't think will make it super far in the tournament, perhaps past the first or second but thats it.
Let's see.... I predict the following teams will make it close.

Germany
Argentina
Brazil
Italy

Mexico i don't think will make it super far in the tournament, perhaps past the first or second but thats it. Originally Posted by Mojojo

I agree!!!