What's your favorite restaurant in Houston and why?

I need some suggestions to visit. I love all kinds of food, esp. seafood and steak.

Doesn't have to be one favorite. Could be several.
I love the restaurant at The Aquarium.
Eddie V's is fun for seafood and steak. Someone else will have to suggest something more local.
Eddie V's is fun for seafood and steak. Someone else will have to suggest something more local. Originally Posted by Balderfiddle

Yeah I've been to Eddie V's at CityCentre. Really enjoyed it!
Afghan Village, on Hillcroft. Delicious chapli kabob, low prices, gracious hosts.
Some more local choices:

Federal Grille
Mockingbird
Uptown Sushi
Goode Company Anything
Mark's
Reef

Out west...
Carmelo's
Lynn's Steakhouse
Seafood Shoppe

South...
Kelley's
Sudie's Catfish and Seafood House

North...
Jasper's
Steak is Vic & Anthony's, although Brennan's has a steak I tend to obsess about. Inexpensive pig out with flavors that make me a happy man, Van Loc for Vietnamese.
Brenner's on the Bayou
Roost....! They open at 4pm.
You should check out this thread as well:

http://eccie.net/showthread.php?t=167105

~
Puebla's Bakery on north main near 610. Mexican home cookin. Family owned, mamma in the back putting out great hand made corn tortillas.
Fogo de Chao and other Brazilian Churrascarias
I love Artisan - great food and atmosphere for a romantic dinner
Afghan Village, on Hillcroft. Delicious chapli kabob, low prices, gracious hosts. Originally Posted by Don T. Lukbak
I was wondering about this place. Thanks for the info.
Stars Pizza atm for me. Never had real pizza until then, absolutely amazing.

I try to find a new place out there every weekend, last weekend just ended up getting boozed at the Hilton bar lol...

But yeah will definitely follow this thread, doing Vic and Anthonys steak house this following weekend will report back