Hobby Phone

I know the subject has been covered once or twice, but I have never gotten a hobby phone rather hid google voice behind a company provided blackberry. I now have a personal phone on family plan and need to make sure no weird texts or calls show up on bills.

I really just need the occasional phone to deliver voice path from GV or send an occasional text. very low use, few hundred mins a year would cover. Web access would be nice, but not critical as i have private browser on ipdad and android phone.

What would you get today? Basic boring clam type small phone or a basic smart phone? What carrier?

Have always put off having a Hobby Phone for the fear of having it found and having to keep it hidden, but time to play with the big guys.

Thanks for the help.

Pass the dice. New shooter cumming out.
walmart, target or any of the major retailers that have electronics have a few "pay as you go" phones, (phone type/carrier depends on your personal preference), that are exactly what you are looking for, and I believe that you can buy an airtime card, monthly or yearly. Strictly pay cash for the phone and minutes, it will save you in the long run, as no one, LE included, can trace that phone/number back to you.
So much less drama when one's single with no SO.
So much less drama when one's single with no SO. Originally Posted by Ramjet

True about the SO, but when a provider gets caught up in a sting operation or however she gets found out by LE about her being a provider, in many cases, the provider gets her phone confiscated and if you saw her, even just once, your number is in there and if it is your regular cell phone and not an untraceable hobby phone, LE will pay you a visit and you are fucked my friend!
depending on who you see, i'd be more concerned about having a provider go bat shit crazy on you than be worried about the police tracking you down because your number is on a phone, but that is just my opinion
depending on who you see, i'd be more concerned about having a provider go bat shit crazy on you than be worried about the police tracking you down because your number is on a phone, but that is just my opinion Originally Posted by fletch
Another reason to have a hobby phone that you can dispose of and get a new one or a new number and not have the to tell ALL your personal contacts on your regular cell phone your new number.
True about the SO, but when a provider gets caught up in a sting operation or however she gets found out by LE about her being a provider, in many cases, the provider gets her phone confiscated and if you saw her, even just once, your number is in there and if it is your regular cell phone and not an untraceable hobby phone, LE will pay you a visit and you are fucked my friend! Originally Posted by NearHauteRed

Same thing also applies if her computer or laptop is confiscated. LE can trace emails the same way.
Same thing also applies if her computer or laptop is confiscated. LE can trace emails the same way. Originally Posted by brownsugarbaby

This is why I do not do emails, even if you create an anonymous yahoo or gmail account, unless you ONLY email from that address from a coffee shop or anywhere else that has wifi available, the IP address can be traced to your home or office.
This is why I do not do emails, even if you create an anonymous yahoo or gmail account, unless you ONLY email from that address from a coffee shop or anywhere else that has wifi available, the IP address can be traced to your home or office. Originally Posted by NearHauteRed
That's why you use a proxy such as Hidemyass.com or you use Google Chrome in Incognito mode.

If you view ECCIE on your iphone and iPad, then use the "Private Browsing" feature.

Don't know how effective this is, but even with the most tech savvy people, if LE wants you, they will get you.
basic samsung trac phone about $100 for a year and 1000 minutes does web got mine at wal-mart activate on line and skip all the info stuff
i'll add my standard environmental statement.

when you want to get rid of your "burner" phone, clear all the calls, texts, contacts, browsing history, etc. and then donate it to some organization [like a domestic abuse shelter] or sell it to get a few bucks back, if any.

bottom line - pls recycle it instead of throwing it away.
$6 tracfone at Wally's/CVS/Walgreens. Text (numeric keypad!), phone. Minutes run about $20 for 90 days. Works for me. Leave it in a drawer at work. Turn it off at home and stash it with your spare tire. Had a friend use velcro on the back of his phone and under his seat. If you don't need it, put it away. All you need to do is contact a hooker. Save all that web shit for another device. On i devices, get a file system browser so you can drill down in the file system because usage data is all up those things asses in several places, clearing the history/cookies only deletes the browser bits. Do your hooker stuff on a dumb phone that connects your pecker to a provider, and that's it.
There are plenty service providers with plans as little as 9.99 ... find them at your local grocery store, mall, etc. Anything prepaid typically works best.

Good luck !
To be even safer save numbers to sim card. When not using it take out sim card and keep it in your wallet. If the phone is found, it won't give up any info. (save to sim card and not phone).
Use your neighbor's phone. I have been it for years.