Barter Forum

Before the death of ASPD there was an interesting thread that had started there, and, as I understand, was being considered by the mods. The thread proposed a forum for bartering. And, in the ASPD thread, there was reference to a website (I don't remember the name) in CA that did have a bartering forum.

I know, I know, there are lots of Pros and Cons in this whole idea. But I do think the idea deserves further consideration.

OK, everyone, chip in: do you think it would be a worthwhile forum or not???
The idea is interesting. Not sure if it would work or not. But I agree it probably is worthy of consideration. Bottom line would be whether or not the Providers thought the idea had merit.
I'm all for it. I have bartered for some pretty cool stuff in the past.
So......what would you barter in exchange for a forum like that?

St. C
You'd have to tell me what ya' got, Big Boy. Barter agreements could be between two hobbyists, or even two providers. Not always an exchange between provider & hobbyist. A community supports its members in every way possible for the greater good, right?

XOXOX
~KAT~
I think a barter forum would be good. However, there may be an issue with the exchange of goods or services. Would this be general forum, or one forum in region which they are already allocated to. It would be difficult to barter with someone from texas when I live in kc.
So......what would you barter in exchange for a forum like that?

St. C Originally Posted by St.Christopher
Hmmmmm. . .

How about some jewelry?

i would absolutely support a forum for that -- aren't there providers out there who could benefit from the skills of webdesign gurus? or professional, studio photographers? or guerilla marketing experts? simply for the hobby alone, i should think it would be useful, not to mention for things outside the hobby (like the $8k i had to spend putting a roof on my house last year...)
Why not make it a bit broader? For Sale or Trade. Let the members sell or trade anything they want (within reason). I could offer my used car for sale. Another member could buy it. A provider could offer services for my car. A hobbyist could offer $ or a trade. Whatever.

I'm just not sure it would get enough use if it is only for barter. If it became really active we could divide it into 2 or more forums later. Would we need to limit ads like we do in the provider ads forums?
Why not make it a bit broader? For Sale or Trade. Let the members sell or trade anything they want (within reason). I could offer my used car for sale. Another member could buy it. A provider could offer services for my car. A hobbyist could offer $ or a trade. Whatever.

I'm just not sure it would get enough use if it is only for barter. If it became really active we could divide it into 2 or more forums later. Would we need to limit ads like we do in the provider ads forums? Originally Posted by Omahan
Now that is a fantastic idea.

Anybody need some old Popeye comic books?

I'd be down for some barter.
Barter situations usually work out really well for both parties so I would be interested in seeing this come to light..
Yes the site I'm on in CA (Humaniplex) has a club to barter. And alot of other clubs on the site have subforums in them to barter as well.. It works out pretty good for some of the people who are in need of something specific
~Barter worked in the old days and it works well today~
I've traded some work for services, it worked out well. It should be local like KCcountryboy said. ML has it on thier site but it doesn't get alot of use, but the site doesn't get alot of traffic either.