Ever had a cop call you from a providers phone?

oh ok, I was a police officer for 10 years but dont trust me.
oh and by the way, they dont need to have the specific cell phone to call and that number show up in caller ID. there are software programs that can be loaded in cell phones now that can show you calling from ANY number.
oh ok, I was a police officer for 10 years but dont trust me. Originally Posted by Brian4fun
I don't think I would have mentioned THAT on this forum. Just sayin....
Listen There is law they passed through the federal gov that says if they believe illegal acts are done on your phone they can seize and use it and look in it. They sneaked this loop hole in a simlar patriot act...shit!

But do put a lock on your phone...there is a app for the new phones that if you put it on your phone what it does is if someone keeps entering the wrong code it will fry/erase your phone everthing will be gone....

just back up ur stuff through online...then when the whipe happens you get a new phone and download all your old phones info!

Don't ever use a phone that the police seized and returned to you throw it away!!!!!!!!

Kat
Listen There is law they passed through the federal gov that says if they believe illegal acts are done on your phone they can seize and use it and look in it. They sneaked this loop hole in a simlar patriot act...shit!

But do put a lock on your phone...there is a app for the new phones that if you put it on your phone what it does is if someone keeps entering the wrong code it will fry/erase your phone everthing will be gone....

just back up ur stuff through online...then when the whipe happens you get a new phone and download all your old phones info!

Don't ever use a phone that the police seized and returned to you throw it away!!!!!!!!

Kat Originally Posted by kat13
Amen to that.. main reason is that if the phone uses a SIM card, that is where the ESN is and I think if they clone that card then they can listen in.. not sure... will have to test.
If the phone has a hard coded ESN (no sim) they have to program a similar phone.

Sounds all Jason Bourne / James Bond like but its true

just back up ur stuff through online...then when the whipe happens you get a new phone and download all your old phones info! Originally Posted by kat13
Exactly, I have this option for my day job phone and my hobby one. They "self destruct" (so to speak) after 10 tries..

Opps sorry forgot I was on my other handle..( I am a provider)
spirit13, notice I said WAS....just sayin'......
Never speak to the police. Just do as the attorney suggests - just say you really have nothing to say. If you're not satisfied the following link to a video
discussing why even the innocent should not talk to the police may convince you.

Good luck and be careful

http://www.tuccille.com/blog/2008/07...-shouldnt.html
If you dont talk .. you might walk!
-Printed on the back of a public defenders card in Pa.

Good advise but a little too late if you need a public defender
A situation similar to what was originally described happened to me once. Back in 2003, I had a provider that I trusted and she trusted me. She left the hotel room one time to pick up something I forgot to bring. I had already donated ahead of time. She calls me to say she thinks she's getting pulled over. She did in fact get pulled over. She said, I'll send a friend over for you. I started to wig out, but stayed trying to think. I get a call from her number and it's a female but not her. She asks who I am, I say, you called me who are you. She said she was an officer with X police department.

Everything in me screamed leave that room, but I stayed. She really did call her friend to come see me no additional donation required. She was arrested and disappeared for like a month, but I'll never forget how scary it was and how thoughtful she really was.
oh ok, I was a police officer for 10 years but dont trust me. Originally Posted by Brian4fun
Just because letter of the law says they can only arrest you if you say it a particular way doesn't mean they wont misquote you in the arrest report and arrest you anyways. And seems like in a he said police said unless there's proof otherwise it's going to be police said as the accepted truth.
Yes but the OP stated that the cop wanted the guy to come in so they (the police) can speak to him about solicitation...... as in a cop wants you to come to HIM so he can arrest you? I think not.

I would set the cop up using my non traceable phone (got me one from one of those stores) which does not have GPS.. best he can do is get court orders to range in on where I WAS when I called... and all that tells him is I was in that area... big deal.

Cop tells me to meet him so he can give me a hard time..... my reply is this "well I am on my way to San Antonio, meet be there for coffee" in which case I then go change the number on the phone and go about life. Originally Posted by Spirit13
You better think again. You can bet they've done some homework and they've thought about every response you could give and if you meet them they will twist and turn everything you say to make an arrest maybe not at that moment but you may see them again. Especially if they are trying to break up a prostitution Ring.
The police cannot enter a residence unless you have commited a felony. or they have reasonable suspicion that you are commiting a felony. also if they want to enter your residence they have to obtain a warrant. Patronizing is not a felony.
Let me tell you that thats false information!!! They can do whatever they want including entrapment....
The police cannot enter a residence unless you have commited a felony. or they have reasonable suspicion that you are commiting a felony. also if they want to enter your residence they have to obtain a warrant. Patronizing is not a felony. Originally Posted by Brian4fun
You're right, they can't just enter your home. But to get a warrant signed by a judge doesn't take much effort. Once a warrant is obtained it has to be executed. Now in the case of prostitution as we all know part of that offense is legal part of it is not. The only element that has to be proven is monetary value in return for sex. Make it hard for'em to prove it. One way be aloof.