Hey all you Whiners..... Look around you....

There are people out shooting pool together...

People hitting 6th street and clubs together.....

A night out at a Comedy Club involving guys and gals.....

Dinner Parties happening.....

Luncheons and Evening socials.....

Folks going to Karaoke......

What the fuck does "community" mean to you?

Seems to me that while you were busy whining a community sprung up around you.

Your all pissed off because there is no one here posting to stroke your online ego and flirt with?

There is far more going on around ECCIE then some of you know about because your too busy whining to become a part of it....

Ya want something to whine about? I'll see what I can come up with so you have an actual reason!
the problem is the community is for EVERYONE here, not just you. i personally dont like the SC scene or your GC lunches. but i dont put others down who dont like them or call them names when they dont agree with me. just cuz "they dont matter" to me. i would appreciate it if you showed us the same courtesy amd respect. just cuz "they dont matter" to you doesnt mean they dont matter to me or anyone else on this board. this board exists for all of us. hobbyists as well as providers including you and me. none of us should arbitrarily make the decisions on who does and doesnt matter here
The people that matter are the people that are getting off their asses, away from their keyboards and doing things .... rather than complaining.....

I listed 7 things above that are happening.... you mention a dislike for the one I put together.... I stuck my head in at the pool hall tonight briefly before hitting a strip club.... said hello to some people I knew and met some I didn't.....

The other things have nothing to do with me....I've been invited to a couple of the above things and am not welcome at others but there are definitely things happening.....

I may not be a part of them but I'm not whining or complaining about them...... About all a few are doing around here lately is going WAHHHHHHHH....

No one is here running anyone off.... Well... Maybe two that needed a swift kick to either get with the program or just get.....

Things changed....

Be a part of it or don't....

No one really cares.....

But if your gonna whine......

Then do so with some emphasis.... Embrace the inner child and waaahhhhhhh like you really mean it....
... again, you getv to decide who need a swift kick.
I feel the need to jump to KM's defense here. He's not one of the board members who complains about the lack of community and never participates in community events. He drove all the way from Killeen a few weeks ago to hang out with me and a few other board members, and although I had to bow out due to an unfortunate hobby mishap, he stuck around and made friends with another hobbyist. (Don't ask about my mishap... it's rather embarrassing, but I later heard I could have cured the problem with either ice or peanut butter.) Both of the men were very understanding, and graciously agreed to let me buy them a drink the next time they both make it out.

But I do have to agree - the sense of community is strong here right now, at least in my opinion. And like most communities, not all activities will be appealing to everyone. People will naturally find that they get along better with some people more than others, and enjoy certain types of outings more than others.

I giggled uncontrollably for quite a while when I read about the misadventures at Sugar's last night, and it made me smile to think that as I was out spending quality time with some of my favorite ECCIE members at the W Hotel, I was receiving texts from other members who were hanging out on East 6th, and another group of people were having fun shooting pool and getting kicked out of strip clubs.

I'm just happy to see so many people finding a place where they can feel comfortable being themselves, especially in an environment that is all to often more about fantasy than reality. It's interesting to see these worlds overlap so naturally.
I have been going out for over a year with provider friends. This is not something new.
Natalie your back from NY.You never called.lol
LeviBob, I've been back from NYC since October 19. YOU never called.
Who's whining or complaining exactly? I don't recall ever reading a single complaint about lack of community spirit in the hobby. Not even one.

Just because one doesn't necessarily want to hang out non bcd with folks in the hobby that doesn't mean they lack any sense of community spirit on the boards.

Just means they want to keep hobby life separate from personal life which is more than understandable. Same applies to most providers I would wager.

I for one am not really a drinker nor do I frequent SC's. Pool sounded great but I spend what little down time I have hanging with the GF.

So again who exactly is whining?
thank you natalie. i do agree that there is a sense of community here in certain areas.my problem lies with those of us who are not a part of those areas. just because we dont participate in certain functions , doesnt give anyone the right to berate ,belittle, or summarily deem them as part of the community that "doesnt matter". just because someone doesnt mattter to someone here they may matter to someone else here. none of us has the right to decide on our own who needs a swift kick outta here. if that were true. we know who i would kick out. but, since this board doesnt exist solely for my pleasure . i choose to not bring down anyone for how they choose to hobby. i generally choose to ignore rather than confront. it just seems arguing behind a keyboard is not only futile but assinine. this is my 1st confrontation with whispers ,and i hope to be my last. because although to me ,he doesnt matter. he has every right to be here and to post his objections no matter what my feelings are. i can either accept them ,confront them or ignore them. the 1st two infuriate me and solve nothing. the last keeps me calm and allow me to enjoy my time on this board. and in the end thats what im here for
The people that matter are the people that are getting off their asses, away from their keyboards and doing things .... rather than complaining..... Originally Posted by Whispers
Now, now, Whispers, darling. Everyone here matters. People just choose to participate at their own comfort level.

I have fantastic clients who will never attend a community function, will never post on the forums, and will never write a review. But their participation in perusing the forums and ads matters to the ladies they choose to see.

And then on the other end of the spectrum, I have very vocal friends who post often, are active in the community, and even take delight in causing a stir online (ahem, W.) They matter to me, as well.

Every person possesses their own unique value, both here and in the real world. Sometimes it's just too easy to forget that when we're all hiding behind a keyboard. That's why I love socializing in person so much. It's a constant reminder that we're all human beings with real emotions and real connections to each other.

Now, everyone get back in the sandbox, share your toys and play nicely.
ah.. the 24 hour network... All Whispers, all the time.. gotta love it.
Maybe you need your own board so you can select who you think are cool and a part of your group. I too am one that isn't into hanging out in strip clubs, but believe me, I don't have to be part of a "group" to have fun. Who has been whining? Just you as far as I can see.
I, and others, have better uses for our time and money. Not that you're wrong, just wrong for some of us.
ah.. the 24 hour network... All Whispers, all the time.. gotta love it.

Sorry I have not been living up to those standards but I'm gonna try harder to live up to your expectations nuglet...

Maybe you need your own board so you can select who you think are cool and a part of your group.

I got a nice seat here and like it. Adn as you notice... The only people I single out are the whiners.... You think I single handedly run off all the ladies huh? Poor Baby lost his favorites?..... You know exactly what your doing stirring this up and you will get all the attention you desire.

I too am one that isn't into hanging out in strip clubs, but believe me, I don't have to be part of a "group" to have fun. Who has been whining? Just you as far as I can see.

Nope... I'm pretty happy around here lately..... your whining in another thread about how big bad whispers is responsible for the drop off of providers in Austin....

I, and others, have better uses for our time and money. Not that you're wrong, just wrong for some of us. Originally Posted by nuglet
Once again... I could care less whether you come or do not come to any of the parties I have a hand in... But call me out in a thread and blame something on me and we'll discuss it till I run out of time....

Now, now, Whispers, darling. Everyone here matters. People just choose to participate at their own comfort level.

And I have no problems with 99% of them

I have fantastic clients who will never attend a community function, will never post on the forums, and will never write a review. But their participation in perusing the forums and ads matters to the ladies they choose to see.

as it should

And then on the other end of the spectrum, I have very vocal friends who post often, are active in the community, and even take delight in causing a stir online (ahem, W.) They matter to me, as well.

Every person possesses their own unique value, both here and in the real world. Sometimes it's just too easy to forget that when we're all hiding behind a keyboard. That's why I love socializing in person so much. It's a constant reminder that we're all human beings with real emotions and real connections to each other.

Now, everyone get back in the sandbox, share your toys and play nicely. Originally Posted by Natalie Reign

I happen to agree with all that...... and have little to no problem with the vast majority around here and I only get worked up on a couple of subjects......

But I always respond when someone comments on something and refers to me....
(Don't ask about my mishap... it's rather embarrassing, but I later heard I could have cured the problem with either ice or peanut butter.) Originally Posted by Natalie Reign
Ooooh man! I hate cliffhangers...

...What the hell could peanut butter fix except a jelly and bread sandwich?...???
Okay, fine. I'm not supposed to tell anyone, but I'll refrain from sharing names.

Sometimes, in the hobby, we are concerned with having fresh breath before an appointment. So we pop a mint or piece of gum in our mouths right before the session. No biggie, right?

Well... sometimes we forget to spit the gum out.

The night I was supposed to meet Knotty and rCoder, I spent a good 2 hours cleaning gum off of my ladybits.

True story.
The night I was supposed to meet Knotty and rCoder, I spent a good 2 hours cleaning gum off of my ladybits. Originally Posted by Natalie Reign
There is a new term for the masses!