Grassley to Katz -- Gloves Off

Gloves Off: Grassley Calls for Ford's Lawyer to Turn Over Therapy Notes

[The Senate Judiciary Committee has a “constitutional obligation to investigate and evaluate independently the President’s nominees,” Grassley said that the Senate’s “obligation is unrelated to anything the FBI does … We have to make our own assessment.”]

“You have claimed repeatedly that the evidence I have requested supports Dr. Ford’s allegatiosn against Judge Kavanaugh,” Grassley wrote. “Indeed, if the evidence supported your client’s allegations, you surely would produce it as quickly as you could. But you have repeatedly refused to produce this evidence to the Senate. In doing so, you are preventing the Senate from considering the evidence most crucial to Dr. Ford’s allegations.

I don’t know what other inference we should draw from your refusal but that the withheld evidence does not support Dr. Ford’s allegations in quite the way you have claimed.”

(The Weekly Standard)
Katz is a Cunt.
Has anyone in the Senate examined the therapist note evidence? Or is this we have therapist notes that no one has seen but they're pretty damning because we say what we want them to say?
Has anyone in the Senate examined the therapist note evidence? Or is this we have therapist notes that no one has seen but they're pretty damning because we say what we want them to say? Originally Posted by gnadfly
You actually believe that therapists do anything worthwhile?
Has anyone in the Senate examined the therapist note evidence? Or is this we have therapist notes that no one has seen but they're pretty damning because we say what we want them to say? Originally Posted by gnadfly
It's obvious that Grassley hasn't seen them. So, it's safe to assume that no Republican has seen them. These notes have been cited as "evidence" but Ford's lawyers have refused to show the Senate the evidence.

It's also important to note that Grassley's position is based on the Constitution. The notion that the FBI -- an agency of the Executive Branch -- is responsible for fulfilling a role Constitutionally relegated to the Senate is bullshit. Katz, et al, are dim-retard obstructionists.
  • Old-T
  • 10-05-2018, 10:15 AM
Juse like not releasing K's writings about legal issues--even more directly related to his nomination

Both sides are absurdly hypocritical, demanding that the other side provide full disclosure, but not doing so themselves.

There is no intent by either side to have a legitimate investigation of the candidate's suitability.

And the same hypocracy is rampant here.

No surprise in either case.
Juse like not releasing K's writings about legal issues--even more directly related to his nomination

Both sides are absurdly hypocritical, demanding that the other side provide full disclosure, but not doing so themselves.

There is no intent by either side to have a legitimate investigation of the candidate's suitability.

Originally Posted by Old-T
It's my understanding that the records withheld were withheld at W's request: not Kavanaugh's. W is entitled to that presidential prerogative. Odumbo has done the same thing. Why do you imagine those records were kept from public view to protect Kavanaugh? Meanwhile, Katz, et al, claiming something is "evidence" of a crime and then not proffering the "evidence" to the Judiciary committee for review is bullshit and slander by unsubstantiated innuendo.

Originally Posted by Old-T
So none K's writings about legal issues have been released? My understanding is plenty of his opinions, emails and various court papers have been released. Or are you talking just about his work with GWB?
I have no idea what "writings about legal issues" Old-T is talking about. That's just a fake dimotard talking point.

Fact is Grassley's committee has already released more documents than were released for the previous 5 SCOTUS nominees combined.

The dems asked to see literally everything they could think of, relevant or not, because they knew such an unreasonable request would slow down the confirmation process. They can't find fault in Kavanaugh's legal thinking or his 307 written opinions for the DC Court of Appeals, so they've been trying like hell to delay the vote until after the midterms.
You actually believe that therapists do anything worthwhile? Originally Posted by 85degreebakery
I don't believe that's a relevant question.

Dr Ford's "story" doesn't have any confirmed aspects. I've seen where she's admitted the notes don't jibe with her current recollection. Ford's lawyers only seem to want to draw this out.
If BK is confirmed and the Republicans hold the Senate, Grassley will be forced to take action against the "Democratic Team" or this will happen again and again.
You actually believe that therapists do anything worthwhile? Originally Posted by 85degreebakery
Yes, therapists do worthwhile things, especially when the patient is protected by the privilege.

Protect the privilege - it is more important than just this hearing. The patient must waive the privilege.

Grassley should withdraw the request for therapy notes.