Odessa TX Hotels

Anyone have any idea as to what's going on in west Texas? I usually stay in Odessa on my trip to Dallas, but all the hotels/motels are sold out, that includes Odessa, Midland, Big Spring and even Pecos! The Motel 6 in Odessa is advertising $100 per night, Quality Inn in Pecos $150 per night...Big Football game or something?
You know how it now costs $3.50 - $4.00 per gallon to fill your car up with gas? Guess where a lot of the crude oil to that is coming from. There is an oil boom going on in several parts of the country, Midland/Odessa being one of the largest. Simply put, the hotels get that type of money....because they can. The oilfield workers and support personnel that are filling up those hotels couldn't care less what the room rate is, their companies are gladly paying it.
The OIL companies buy up the rooms!

Was just there and that's what was relayed to me by the many towns folks & hotel staff.

Anyone have any idea as to what's going on in west Texas? I usually stay in Odessa on my trip to Dallas, but all the hotels/motels are sold out, that includes Odessa, Midland, Big Spring and even Pecos! The Motel 6 in Odessa is advertising $100 per night, Quality Inn in Pecos $150 per night...Big Football game or something? Originally Posted by canoodle
Anywhere there is the new shale play or sweet crude being produced you have a oil boom right now.
When Mr. Obama shut down most of the offshore drilling the oil companies had to find the oil somewhere else and the shale play became a big money maker .....Just look up Oil shale play and you will find all the hot spots ....west texas, south texas, pennsylvania, north dakota , canada ...and you wont find rooms, food, bottled water or an empty gas station to fill up in the mornings...but what you will find is some of the providers that understand the boom is on and there are lots of lonely oilfield workers looking for companionship that have extra money in their pockets...smart gals !!
My Brother is out there working.... no hotel for him, they ( his company) rented an apartment for him..... Oil Field.....
WELL...Ok thanks now I know....Damn inconvenient and costly for me! Got a room in Pecos,,,,,will fill up in Van Horn and won't need any more until Colorado city, eastland lamesa weatherford!!!
Anywhere there is the new shale play or sweet crude being produced you have a oil boom right now.
When Mr. Obama shut down most of the offshore drilling the oil companies had to find the oil somewhere else and the shale play became a big money maker .....Just look up Oil shale play and you will find all the hot spots ....west texas, south texas, pennsylvania, north dakota , canada ...and you wont find rooms, food, bottled water or an empty gas station to fill up in the mornings...but what you will find is some of the providers that understand the boom is on and there are lots of lonely oilfield workers looking for companionship that have extra money in their pockets...smart gals !! Originally Posted by wildwooly1
there used to be 3-6 ads on facebook for providers. Now there's around a hundred....plenty pussy available.......for a price? None coming to Pecos...so,,,ruby palm for me!
I meant BackPage, but you get the idea!
I was wrong....only 97 posts on Backpage today!