Credit Cards and PayPal 💳

So PayPal now offers a cc swipe account that can be used with your mobile phone.
I have been buying/selling for years with a 100% Positive Feedback score.
I was curious if any of you guys would ever be interested in using cc as a payment method? I know there are Individuals/Agencies that accept CC.
It would show up on your bill as a Paypal Transaction. The account holder would not have access to your info because it is processed by PayPal. As always, it is a "Safe and Secure" way to pay!
I've seen discussions on this subject here on some of the national forums before and it sounds like some providers have clients that prefer this payment method.

My concern would be discretion. I use PayPal to purchase items online....eBay...and the transaction shows up on the credit card bill as PayPal *MechantName*. Depending on how your PayPal account identifies your name and location it could be a red flag to a SO if she looks closely at a credit card or bank statement.
I would use it, as it would just look like any other paypal transaction on my records. I'm not sure if I would with a provider I didnt know though.
I have been using the Square app with great success. I just received the Paypal one, but as yet have not had chance to try it out.

Its a service you can offer for those who would be comfortable with it. But I would think that in most cases, cash works best.
I will stick with the cash transaction. It may show up as just a paypal action on the statement, but why leave any type of paper trail. This hobby is a very private activity, at least for me, and I rry to limit any unnessasary exposure.
Mine is registered to my legal name, SS#, ect... Therefore, it would be a YMMV type of thing. Not sure if I would want some people having that type of info. I know I wouldn't.
EG and CNY, you have both been pre-approved, lol!
Mine is registered to my legal name, SS#, ect... Therefore, it would be a YMMV type of thing. Not sure if I would want some people having that type of info. I know I wouldn't.
EG and CNY, you have both been pre-approved, lol! Originally Posted by Autumn Bolan
Can people you do transactions with see that?!?! That's kinda scary then. I know you have a verified address people can see, but SS# seems a bit risky. Besides cash is king
Yikes....you need to come up with a pseudo business name.
EG and CNY, you have both been pre-approved, lol! Originally Posted by Autumn Bolan
I get enough pre-approved credit card applications in the mail now. A pre-approved Autumn Bolan card could be dangerous!!!!
They cannot see your SS#. I will come up on the Bill as, Paypal Transaction Jane Doe (whatever business name you choose).
I started my PayPal account years ago when I began selling things on eBay so therefore it's registered to my legal name. Hence the YMMV.

Ill have to look into changing it to something generic.
I'm getting side-tracked here, but speaking of how things appear on a statement, at Caesar's Palace in Vegas, if you take anything from the mini-bar in your room it appears as the "Intamacy Package" on the statement. Try explaining that one to your empoyer or spouse.
errrrr I want to know where the card reader is
  • Tiger
  • 04-04-2013, 06:38 PM
I get enough pre-approved credit card applications in the mail now. A pre-approved Autumn Bolan card could be dangerous!!!! Originally Posted by cny6969
Wow, I gotta boost my credit rating!

It's more exclusive than a platinum card (and much more fun)!
I have no problem paying this way and sometimes prefer it. My SO doesnt access my statements. I can't imagine that.

But as an ebay seller and I think a somewhat decent dude, I consider PayPal a bunch of slimy indecent bastards with zero moral fiber, and I make sure I still have all ten fingers every time I deal with them. You can be sure of one thing when using PayPal: you might get paid, client might have fun, but PayPal will get paid. It's secure, just slimy.

Maybe I should start TBCIE: Theiving Banker Client Information Exchange.

Don't charge processing fees! Getting $200 from PayPal will cost you about $6.10. Best thing is to eat it as the cost of doing more business, which you will. Second best is to raise your rate, but offer a cash discount so that the rate is as before. There's your discount to offer hagglers too. Processing fees suck and make my dick limp (your banking clients probably love them but might cum prematurely).

Be sure the method of payment is one way and not subject to chargebacks!
Hobby and Paypal is just a bad idea whose time is now.
I use my square card reader and it comes up as squareup on statements it works fine havent had anything bad only thing is if you use it on the weekend or after 1pm friday you dont get the deposit till monday so that sucks but usually they are fast about depositing your $