Unsolicited Texts from Providers

OK...this might be one more for the ladies. It's a topic that's discussed in the Men's Lounge from time to time, but I think the conversation should be shared with the women. And.....this is not directed at any particular provider, nor is it a complaint per se. I just think there are a number of women who are ambitious but, as they say, you don't know what you don't know. But....

Ladies...unsolicited texts asking "can you see me today" or "I have a special," etc....could be a bad thing UNLESS the man has expressly told you it's OK. As an example, my text alert went off today. It was a provider that I'd called a couple of days ago, and she couldn't see me then. She texted me today asking if I could see her today. I happened to be standing right next to my wife. I went to the bathroom and politely asked her not to text anymore unless I'd just called her. Nothing against her, she's one of the sweetest girls I know and she just didn't know.

But ladies, based on ML discussions, I'd say most of the guys feel the same as I do.
One more reason to have a personal phone and separate hobby phone; particularly if you are married.
Never done it, never will. Its a clear violation of the cardinal rule of hobbying: you paid me to go away, so that is what I should be doing.

I welcome texts and emails from hobbyists in between visits, but any contact outside of "are you available today?" should be instigated by the hobbyist, not me.

Just my .02
I had one girl who would text me when she needed money and the frequency was increasing. This was before I got here and became a little smarter. My phone blocks texts and calls I program it to. Professional providers should ask permission first and from my limited experience this has been done.
YEAH!!!

Never done it, never will. Its a clear violation of the cardinal rule of hobbying: you paid me to go away, so that is what I should be doing.

I welcome texts and emails from hobbyists in between visits, but any contact outside of "are you available today?" should be instigated by the hobbyist, not me.

Just my .02 Originally Posted by SinsOfTheFlesh
If someone tells me to text them when I'm in town I will... If they say they will just contact me I don't keep their number so that I don't contact them.. though I have never asked someone to see me because I was low on money and I don't advertise specials via text. Just not my thing
OK...this might be one more for the ladies. It's a topic that's discussed in the Men's Lounge from time to time, but I think the conversation should be shared with the women. And.....this is not directed at any particular provider, nor is it a complaint per se. I just think there are a number of women who are ambitious but, as they say, you don't know what you don't know. But....

Ladies...unsolicited texts asking "can you see me today" or "I have a special," etc....could be a bad thing UNLESS the man has expressly told you it's OK. As an example, my text alert went off today. It was a provider that I'd called a couple of days ago, and she couldn't see me then. She texted me today asking if I could see her today. I happened to be standing right next to my wife. I went to the bathroom and politely asked her not to text anymore unless I'd just called her. Nothing against her, she's one of the sweetest girls I know and she just didn't know.

But ladies, based on ML discussions, I'd say most of the guys feel the same as I do. Originally Posted by Kshunter

Sorry that happened to you KS ...
One more reason to have a personal phone and separate hobby phone; particularly if you are married. Originally Posted by ez2plz
Hell of a thought and don't these phones have a button somewhere that allows one to silence ringers etc?? Just sayin....
I use google voice number to contact providers. You can block all the call or text from being transferred to your prime phone when you don't them.
I use google voice number to contact providers. You can block all the call or text from being transferred to your prime phone when you don't them. Originally Posted by manhattan2
this
OK...this might be one more for the ladies. It's a topic that's discussed in the Men's Lounge from time to time, but I think the conversation should be shared with the women. Originally Posted by Kshunter

KsHunter I dont have a beef with you...but my belief is sharing anything that is being discussed in the ML is not good....even mentioning that its discussed....we know its coed but not sure you had the ML community behind you by bringing this up

IMO
KsHunter I dont have a beef with you...but my belief is sharing anything that is being discussed in the ML is not good....even mentioning that its discussed....we know its coed but not sure you had the ML community behind you by bringing this up

IMO Originally Posted by BigDeal
Don't fuck with him BD....
Don't you know he has all the answers..
Don't fuck with him BD....
Don't you know he has all the answers.. Originally Posted by malwoody
oops my bad...back to my hole!
Good grief. You guys up your own asses much? Maybe I should post about falling for a provider and having her take me for 10K. You appear to like that better.

Reality check:

Women know that there is such a thing as the Men's Lounge.

And the only thing I mentioned is that this is something that happened to me.

And my point was that, rather than bitching about it amongst ourselves, is that it might be helpful for women who didn't know (and I'm sure there are some) to know.

And what's the matter, Mal, not getting enough attention?
And what's the matter, Mal, not getting enough attention? Originally Posted by Kshunter
No gettin too much really... having to multitask just to keep up.....