The Hobby and a changed perspective and viewpoint

For the past couple of weeks this has been in the back of my mind. I find myself thinking how the hobby has changed my view on RW situations and issues, and how I view women.

For example, before the hobby, I HATED tattoos on women, and found it degrading. Now, I find them as something I'm drawn to and intend to get my first in the near future. Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy an untouched body that has yet to feel the needle.

Next changed viewpoint is how I view a working girl and a John. Pre-hobby, I thought little of the game. Basically, I looked down at your working girl type and John and KNEW it was taboo, and just felt like they had less value than gum on the bottom of my shoe. Now, I look at the entire game, provider and client, with a profound respect. Why the change you ask? YOU CAN'T LOOK DOWN AT ANYBODY, YOU DON'T KNOW THE STORY AS TO WHY THEY'RE IN THE SITUATION THEY'RE IN!

There's not much difference between your working girl and the girl who has her shit together and not in the hobby. All it takes is one MAJOR life event and the girl who had her shit together is now a working girl.

Think back to pre-hobby and I know it's been a while for a lot, but how has the hobby changed YOUR views?
Too early in the morning to think of my own, but have a few comments on yours.

Tattoos- still not a big fan of them. I would never get one and would throw a fit if my wife got one. However, the more I'm into the girl, the less I notice them. If not into her, it is quite the distraction.

The hobby itself - believe it or not, it hasn't really changed; it confirmed what I already felt. Years ago, I read the book SuperFreakOnomics and one of the chapters was about the hobby. I found it completely fascinating. They followed around several types of providers and I found the life of the higher end one amazing. Really respected that one cause of how she handled everything. When I first stumbled across this site(trust me, complete accident, I never sought this out). I stuck around reading the boards because it reminded me of the book. I just never thought I would have the guts to participate. So basically, that nerdy book is probably why I'm here today.
The hobby has made it easier to find those MILFs whose husbands are cheating them and gives me the opportunity to give them some legendary 1.3" of dangling death.
"Till you walk in may shoes " Comes to mind - when I was 20-30-40-50 never thought about the hobby (yes I'm old) now can't live without. Still not a fan of tattoos , but I don't judge any one ( biggest lesson )
I reject your view of, have their shit together or being a working girl. There are some, not all, that are in p4p and really do have their shit together.
It is true that a lot don't but that's not always the case.
Two that come to mind that do have it together are Kendall4U and Bliss of DFW.

I guess that's how my view of p4p has grown. I don't look at sex work or being a a client as something flawed.
Wow. Where do I begin. I seem to recall having a similar conversation with someone I met recently.

First, pre-hobby (2008) I was disgusted by the thought of prostitutes and Johns. Experience and education in the hobby has shown me it's not like I once thought; all involved didn't practice safe play. My mind had made up all prostitutes were street walkers and drug addicts with pimps that were barebacking all their clients. I thought Johns were predators of women. The movie Monster with Charlize Theron didn't help change this view either lol. That movie scared the crap out of me.

Now I realize there is a seedy side to this whole world... And you can get caught up in that if you're not careful.

I knew two providers that used to post on ASPD .....I was amazed at watching them work... I used their computer and saw tons of sexy photos and ads as well as clients show up and leave... This was my small introduction into this little world and I had already fell in love with it. I wonder what happen to them.... I can't even remember the names they went by...

OneStar thank you for mentioning that book....it's a good read for anyone who likes that sorta thing

Redcat...you're exactly right nor much difference between a working girl and a girl who has her shit together not in the hobby..

If you do this the right way it can be extremely lucrative and you can be very successful

Great topic... I still love this hobby and in fact this last year has been the most fun I've ever had.
I have never looked down on people in the hobby, man or woman. Most of the providers I have gotten to know are basically good girls who come from dysfunctional families and they are just trying to make a living. Sure, there are some bad apples but that goes for civilians too. For me, this is the only way for an old man to savor the delights of having sex with a young woman. I don't know what I would do without them.
give them some legendary 1.3" of dangling death. Originally Posted by pyramider
AWARD WINNER!!!

"The self depreciation and funny as fuck award"

A.K.A.

The....
"SD-FaF"
important to point out that Europe an Asia have always had a much more relaxed attitude... in Asia, becoming a Provider is viewed as a smart and necessary move, by many.. if your family is poor (many are), providing is a good way to help support the whole family, and is thus sanctioned and almost encouraged.

you gotta do what you gotta do, basically.
+ 100 on this. I'm on a very non-traditional path and fit a lot of what you say. While my "shit is more together" then it was years back, dare I say I'm having fun. That, and I just like having my kitty licked.
+ 100 on this. I'm on a very non-traditional path and fit a lot of what you say. While my "shit is more together" then it was years back, dare I say I'm having fun. That, and I just like having my kitty licked. Originally Posted by BBW Jane Smith
I agree I never saw myself in this world as long as I've stayed....and I truly believe it's because this is really fun for some women who are able to really get into it ...I'm at a point in my life where I can finally enjoy my hobby experiences for what they really are...and it's not all about the cash... All the little moments to savor in this hobby
Marine, I guess it goes back to growing up deep in the bible belt and having to listen to people tell me that sex was a bad thing and not for pleasure.

There's a LOT of close-minded individuals in the sticks who will go to church Sunday morning, and they'll be swinging the night before.

I have met several providers who do this, NOT because they have to, but because they want to.
I can't ever look down on anyone that is smart enough to make a very good living providing a service that someone will pay for anymore.

If I could charge a lady for me to pleasure them, I would cerainly consider a career change.

I don't think of providers as "hookers" and I don't think of hobbyists as "sick perverts" and all the horeshit that we see both referred to on a daily basis.

But for most of my life I stereotyped both parties unfairly.

I have learned that being a polite person has opened some doors for me. I have been able to meet some very interesting ladies that have a good entrepreneurial sense about them. I can't help but to admire it.
  • BLM69
  • 05-05-2017, 12:09 PM
+ 100 on this. I'm on a very non-traditional path and fit a lot of what you say. While my "shit is more together" then it was years back, dare I say I'm having fun. That, and I just like having my kitty licked. Originally Posted by BBW Jane Smith
You sure do like getting the kitty licked on lol, I must say that you've really have your stuff in order, probably the most i have witnessed in this hobby

About how I view the hobby, everyone I dealt with is different so my feelings are all over the chart, You get what you give if that makes any sense
You get what you give if that makes any sense Originally Posted by BLM69
This makes perfect sense to me. Trust and honesty are crucial here