Pizza

• nyguy
  • 03-21-2010, 04:55 AM
Well we've done hots & garbage plates & subs. How about now we do pizza. If you read my posts on subs you know I avoid national chains & try & seek out a mom & pop shop that doesn't count the pepperoni. There was a time when Tom & Nancey's was the best in town but after the original owners sold as often happens the quality dropped & I had to go looking again. After a long search ( I don't mind a long drive for the best, I used to drive across town to Tom & Nancey's when they were # 1 ) I finally found Nino's 1330 Culver Rd near Waring Rd, ( in fact its in the same block as James Brown's ) Authentic Sicilian pizza, Nino is from the old country. Their sausage is real, the crust is fresh & delicious, thick but light & crunchy. The sauce is sweet & chunky. Do yourself a favor & try this one, you won't be sorry.
Dos this place make a pizza with white garlic sauce and artichoke hearts? And how many make that kind of pizza? Boss got pizza for all at work. And it was great. I have to ask him where it came from. But I think that was the place.
  • nyguy
  • 03-21-2010, 07:59 AM
Dos this place make a pizza with white garlic sauce and artichoke hearts? And how many make that kind of pizza? Boss got pizza for all at work. And it was great. I have to ask him where it came from. But I think that was the place. Originally Posted by offshoredrilling
Yes they do, in fact they probably have the most extensive pizza menu in town & if its not on the menu he'll make it for you.
www.ninospizzerias.com
I have found that the person that makes the most difference in the pizza is the person you will never see. The person that makes the dough. Good thing ontop will not help a bad dough. But with a good dough, soso on top will be great. And that gos for thin to thick.
Most pizzahuts earn the name of pizzasluts. But a few are realy good. Now with all that gos into it being the same from shop to shop. The guy or gal making the dough is the only thing not the same.

And yes the pizza I had at work was ninos. And it is great.
  • nyguy
  • 03-22-2010, 04:55 AM
Its been brought to my attention that there is also a Nino's in Buffalo. I've been asked if it has a connection to the Rochester Nino's? No connection other then a common name. You find common names a lot when searching pizza places in different cities, seems there is not enough names to go around. DBA's seem to end at the county line resulting in lots of duplication in names.
There is actually a Hamburg location and a West Seneca location.

http://www.ninospizza.com/
I used to drive to NT for Pizza Junction then they opened one in Clarence. The Clarence location has changed ownership and name and is called Bozanna's. After the TV show Diners drive-ins and dives put Pizza Junction on, we went there and it was still great. But I would give the edge to Bozanna's. The thickest pizza out there. Luigi's pizza on Transit Rd in East Amherst is pretty good as well.
Back when i lived in Ithaca, I loved the pizza at the souvlaki house. It's on Eddy st. in college town. I think its been there over thirty years. I was back there last summer and it was still great. Many other tasty items on the menu as well.
there is very good pizza at a place in the falls called joeys they make it old world style i can not stand just pizza