Why did the Lickalotapus go extinct?

Or where is LAP?

This forum is Moderated by: 3 people: Sarcastro, auknowho, SP Hunter and didn't there used to be a lickalotapus?

This is always the kind of thing that gets me in trouble, but if it can be just a question and not viewed as storming the castle walls by the powers that be, where did he go? I kind of liked him, most polite banning I've ever gotten. Seriously, didn't feel that compelling desire to start bending toasters to my evil will or anything.

I could start guessing but that always leads to problems, so before I go off quarter cocked or something what is the company line on this deal? Can we have a goodbye thread or would that be insurrectional?
Well, mods, that seems like an intellectual challenge to me.

Which mod can ban Wayward in an even more polite way than LAP did?

Search LAP's recent posting history for more of the story.

And thanks for all the efforts, LAP. You done good.
Was he removed for banning wayward?

Let that be a lesson to the rest of the (edited)...............you almost got me to say it.
  • Carl
  • 04-01-2010, 10:26 PM
If he was licking a lot of puss, he might have come down with lockjaw just from overworking the muscles on his face.
If he was licking a lot of puss, he might have come down with lockjaw just from overworking the muscles on his face. Originally Posted by Carl
Nothing a little Celebrex can't fix.
  • meryt
  • 04-02-2010, 09:06 AM
Maybe he's having hand surgery for carpal tunnel syndrome.
Maybe he kissed the wrong taint and it turned into a dragon
Can you get lockjaw from licking puss?
Was he removed for banning wayward?

. Originally Posted by dearhunter
I thinck he was banned for banning Wayward for JUST a week.

Thank you LAP wherever you are fishing.
Maybe he's having hand surgery for carpal tunnel syndrome. Originally Posted by meryt
Actually, that's carNal tunnel syndrome.
So it's not like I'd expect the mod team to be awake at 5 AM, but is it safe to say, there isn't a company line? While I'm not enough of a democrat to suggest transparency on every issue, being completely opaque is not always the hot set up either. This is another of those times when I might really be trying to help you folks and instead am just pissing you off, if so sorry in advance. But I'm kind of wayward when it comes to this stuff so lets give it a shot.

Let's take a hypothetical situation, pretend for a moment that this is a community and some are not more equal than others. If someone is trusted and in a position of authority then removed or painted into a corner that amounts to the same thing. Do the members that trusted that Sheppard have some justification to ask about the events that lead to this fork in road or splitting of the sheets?

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

In comic book parlance for carkido, "who watches the watchers?" It seemed more accurate to say 'who guards the guards?' I just love the wiki because they distill 14 paragraphs of my rambling to:

The essential problem was posed by Plato in The Republic, his work on government and morality. The perfect society as described by Socrates, the main character in this Socratic dialogue, relies on laborers, slaves and tradesmen. The guardian class is to protect the city. The question is put to Socrates, "Who will guard the guardians?" or, "Who will protect us against the protectors?" Plato's answer to this is that they will guard themselves against themselves. We must tell the guardians a "noble lie".[1] The noble lie will assure them that they are better than those they serve and it is therefore their responsibility to guard and protect those lesser than themselves. We will instill in them a distaste for power or privilege; they will rule because they believe it right, not because they desire it.

Silence is wonderful and I'm a big believer in doing nothing when it comes to mod/admin issues, pick someone you trust let them do he job. But the back story about all this is flying around the interwebs at warp factor 9 (couldn't help myself sorry). So while you can ban, erase or edit here, somebody some place has a screen shot. If you see what I'm thincking. Or they will claim to have it. If I was one of the fine folks at the top of this page, would have to wonder if I got in a twist would anyone have my back? Does that lead to great staff decisions or recruiting the best folks for the thankless job?
Is it safe to say that there is a hooktard at the bottom of this pile?
Oh yeah and verily, my F'ing Prophet. Isn't there always?
Uh oh! Father Wayward's "shit stirring" voice has taken over his head.

Nothing a little lithium .... and GSO3 won't cure.

LAP's profile says he's "on a boat."

Bet he's having a blast. Can picture it now.

I'm jealous, LAP! Thanks for all your hard work "herding the Htown cats," and your contributions to the board and the "community." Too numerous to list, but thanks for all you've done and will no doubt continue to do.

It's a

Wayward nobody likes the guy at the 4th of July party talking about what the hot dogs are made of.