Hobby Legalization and Discrimination

If the hobby were to be federally legalized, would it become illegal for providers to discriminate services based on the race of a prospective client?

I'm sure there would be plenty of ways to maneuver around this but I think it would be interesting to see.
I would hesitantly say yes. It would be hard to prove that a provider is discriminating against certain races unless they have a policy posted publicly. Most likely the provider will just refrain from responding to booking requests from whatever race they don't want to see.

I can certainly see providers requiring your real world info and a NDA as a standard part of screening if the industry is legalized and regulated.

I feel that there is more of a move to decriminalize prostitution. The hobby wouldn't be regulated but then providers would be able to report theft, fraud, and assault without the fear that they would be prosecuted.
If it were legalized I am sure the same rule would apply with most businesses ie: we reserve the right to refuse business at any time to anyone.
No more, no less, imo, than those rules apply to other individual service providers, such as doctors, dentists, lawyers, etc.

But, no need to fret in the near future as legalization is probably only a century away.

ijs
If it were legalized I am sure the same rule would apply with most businesses ie: we reserve the right to refuse business at any time to anyone. Originally Posted by Joe Buck
The Civil Rights act of 64 outlawed discrimination based on race, color, sex or national origin no matter what sign a shop keeper posts in their store.

This though would be a whole other thing.
SWWAustin, as Arthur Fonzorelli said, "Exactamundo"
Under federal law prostitution is legal. You cannot transport someone across state lines for prostitution.
But the act its self between consenting adults is legal.

That is why there are legal brothels in Nevada.