I like my mattresses the way that I like my men ...

A couple of months ago, I purchased a nice used queen sized mattress for the third bedroom of my incall. I was having a guest stay with me for awhile and although the bed seemed rather soft, it appeared to be a very nice mattress.

Fate had me in that bed last week messing around and it was a horrible bed to play in. Too soft. Almost reminded me of the old days of water beds and trying to fool around in them.

Thoughts about beds? All in all, they're important to consider in this world of ours!

Elisabeth
I hate a soft bed. Actually, have found the floor or a massage table to work well because they can take a pounding. Allows for better penetration.

A real soft bed is very difficult to move around in, you are kind of stuck in the valley you create in the bed.
I like my mattress like I like my men.......HARD!
I like my mattress like I like my men.......HARD! Originally Posted by Lana Warren
Yep. Me, too. Several years ago, I had a very nice and thick futon and really, thought was a great bed to use for play.

Perfect, really.
I had my mattress custom made in Lewisville. It has stayed very firm over the years...even under my weight.

If mine were like the women I like, it would have way too many humps!
The purchase of a mattress is no place to scrimp. It is a classic case of "you get what you pay for". Firmness is one thing and I like mine firm, but quality IMHO is just as if not more important. I have a fortune invested in the two beds that I sleep in. Unfortunately, I spend an inordinate amount of time in hotels. That's pot luck. But it does make for a better nights sleep when I return to one of my own.
It's nice to see that some of my favorite ladies like 'em hard.
A good hotel bed is something that is important. Seems that the Marriott actually is selling their beds to the general public:

http://www.shopmarriott.com/category...ategoryLevel=0

I find that the type of sheets are important as well. My skin is very sensitive and so a high cotton thread count is important.

Gosh. How does one go about having a bed custom made?

Elisabeth
  • Stag
  • 03-18-2011, 08:25 AM
Okay, BigPurdy -- I'm in dire need to replace the queen-sized torture pit that Mrs. Stag and I try to sleep in. Considering how little Mrs. Stag lets me play, that aspect is not nearly as important to me as it is to the lovely "W" sisters (Whispers and Warren). But I REALLY need a good night's sleep, and would rather not wake up feeling like I've wrestled a bear.

What are your considered opinions how to go?

And with respect to the lovely W's, I agree -- I'd much rather play on a FIRM mattress, or the floor, or a nice sofa -- hell, I'd rather have a tile floor and a cheap dinette chair over one of those fluff-fluff pillow-pits that sometimes pass for "beds."
Stag, my bed here in DFW is a queen, Simmon's Beauty Rest. I went to one of those mattress stores around 20 and Mattlock or Collins. The mattress that I really liked was discontinued, so I ended up buying the floor model(had to get one that day). It was a $3500 set that I picked up for $1700. Words can't describe how much I like it. My mattress on my bed at home on the east coast is a Foster Stearns. Have no idea how much it was. Probably don't want to. Mrs. Purdy bought that one. It's a king.
Both sets are the top of the line and I don't ever regret the purchases.
Lots of folks like the Tempurpedic, I've personally never cared for the foam. My sets have the pillow top memory foam layer.
The air mattresses(Sleep Number) I just can't deal with. It's an air mattress.

Hope this helps.

BP

Elisabeth Originally Posted by ElisabethWhispers

There is a shop on Main in Lewisville and the gentleman makes mattresses on site. He also has some name brands for sale. He can add to the coil count, add more padding on top, and make it to fit any size frame.

The one I had made cost me around $1300 when I bought it 3 years ago. Took him a little over a week to make. It was made based on how firm I like my bed and the fact that there were no skinny people sleeping in it.
Hotel beds are very important to those of us who travel a bunch. I predominantly use Hilton properties, they seem to have the best beds for my taste.

Beds can be custom made at many places. Most of the mattress stores have contacts for custom bed manufacturers. I had one made for an old odd size antique trundle bed that we have restored.

A good hotel bed is something that is important. Seems that the Marriott actually is selling their beds to the general public:

http://www.shopmarriott.com/category...ategoryLevel=0

I find that the type of sheets are important as well. My skin is very sensitive and so a high cotton thread count is important.

Elisabeth Originally Posted by ElisabethWhispers
We have a king size Sleep Number bed and we both love it.
Blood, I can see the advantages to the SN bed. I've actually never tried one. My vision of it is like one of those air mattresses that I've slept on that in the middle of the night it leaks down and your feet are 8" higher than your head until you blow it back up. I am certain that's not the case. It just so happens that the SO and I both like firm a firm bed so I never really saw the need in having an adjustable bed.
I like mine hard... and always firm, just like my men!
I think Matress firm let's you buy one, then exchange it out for something else if you don't like it. I think the lady said one year.

Whenever one of you ladies buys a matresss, let me know when I should comes over and break it in for you.