A thread for each of us: Palestine

But that's not the case in Israel - or Northern Ireland, for that matter.

It is a small discrete piece of land and we know who was living in Palestine when Israel was founded. Many of the displaced people are still alive. Israel can easily compensate them. So you did describe Palestine as a discrete piece of land after all. That means a defined location with known borders.

XNYKR

Bullshit. The whole reason you demanded that I define Palestine was so you could draw me into a trap about who gets what land. What other reason was there? Bullshit yourself. I was trying to make the point that Palestine is defined by whomever is talking about it. Are you always paranoid?

XNYKR

Bullshit. You still can't read. I never said Palestine was a specific area. Go look at my original post and find where I said that. I only mentioned whether or not a displaced Palestinian who lost his land is entitled to reparations. The land that a specific Palestinian family lost is an identifiable and specific farm or house or other parcel of land. You don't have to define Palestine to figure out what piece of land that family was kicked out of. You did not use the specific word "specific" but you used the synonym "discrete".

XNYKR

You invited me to draw the real lines because you were trying to draw me into a trap, not because you were seeking knowledge. The boundaries of Palestine are irrelevant to whether or not a specific Palestinian evicted from a specific house should be paid money for the loss of that house. Once again, your paranoia is showing. What are you afraid of? A weak argument?

XNYKR

Again, I never said it was a specific area. You were so eager to spring your stupid little trap you didn't notice that I did not take the bait. Now you're just being hurtful....after you got caught. Maybe there was a trap but it was of your own making.

XNYKR

So now we can direct all the venom to the right place. We are talking about Palestine, XNYKR's mind reading skills, and his paranoia. Since he did say that Palestine is a "small discrete piece of lans" I asked could he define his terms. He refused. So let me ask the rest of you; what is Palestine and by association, what is a Palestinian? This is actually very importan. How can you pay reparations, give back land, or make someone whole if you don't know who you're talking about.

The argument is that since many "Palestinians" were displaced or left under their own power and are still alive, they should receive reparations from Israel. Yes, some people left under their own power either because the Grand Mufti of Jordan ordered them out or they didn't want to be part of a Jewish state, they still left. Some were run out and the businesses, homes, and property taken. You had two opposing groups in Israel at the time; Haganah and Irgun. They both came from the same tree but separated on the use of violence. After the UN partition of the area the Irgun began a systematic routing of "Palestinians" by use of force including mass murders.

The people who define themselves as "Palestinians" want a guaranteed "right of return". That means that someone who is the son, grandson, or brother of a person killed or forced to flee could arrive and tell the family occuping the home, business, or land to leave. This is not going to happen anymore than the Native Americans who were displaced from New York are going to get Manhattan back. On a side note, someone said that NA were not forced out, that they are still here, has never read about the Trail of Tears. Anyway, time is short and I think this is enough to start the conversation.
I dunno about any of that,and I am sure xnyer will be here shortly to rip you yet another new asshole.....but, I sure like your little cartoon! Good one!