Company Check on Covid Vax

Does anyone have insight into if or how a company might check to see if an employee has taken the jab? Some companies don't require, don't ask. Some companies ask - which I think is illegal. Some companies are requiring it for new employees. Get this - I even heard that recruiters are asking applicants to sign documents that the person got the vax for the employer. Lots of crazy stuff going on out there. Your experience, thoughts and opinions are welcomed.
Haven't been asked and my employer doesn't require it. There are plenty of images of the cards online.. complete with lot numbers being visible. Hell Pfizer was putting pics online with the lot numbers visible. Print your own and take pics of it for your employer. There is (as of now) no centralized DB of the shots and who got them.. in many cases, the only thing filled out on the cards were the lot#s! Based on experience the government will get around to a DB of vaxxed about the second week of never... and then it won't work for a year or two...

The only important thing to do is try and use a lot# that you know was used nearby you... ie. a lot# that was mostly consumed in upstate NY probably shouldn't be used on a card that was supposedly distributed in Dallas.

The only important thing to do is try and use a lot# that you know was used nearby you... ie. a lot# that was mostly consumed in upstate NY probably shouldn't be used on a card that was supposedly distributed in Dallas. Originally Posted by texassapper
That sounds like a lot of trouble to go to, why not just take the vaccine? Wait, I know... no one knows what's in it or the long term health effects and you don't want the government tracking you....lol. Good luck finding that lot number and the dates and times it was administered.

My company, which is a fairly large corporation, today announced that a survey would be going out soon with mandatory participation required to determine everyone's vaccination status so that the company can assess the overall immunity of our U.S employee population and determine the necessary Covid protocols.

I took both shots in March no side effects that I could tell. I just want a return to normalcy. If that is possible.
Does anyone have insight into if or how a company might check to see if an employee has taken the jab? Some companies don't require, don't ask. Some companies ask - which I think is illegal. Some companies are requiring it for new employees. Get this - I even heard that recruiters are asking applicants to sign documents that the person got the vax for the employer. Lots of crazy stuff going on out there. Your experience, thoughts and opinions are welcomed. Originally Posted by johnjay

Its not illegal to ask. Consider the fact that many fields of employment require full physicals... and many folk working in upper management also have to undergo pre-employment physicals. Employers in some fields have asked for vaccination records for decades.

The real question is-- how long before we start having the court cases trickle through regarding EEOC and religious exemption (some employers are excluded from having to allow it based on industry).
Does anyone have insight into if or how a company might check to see if an employee has taken the jab? Some companies don't require, don't ask. Some companies ask - which I think is illegal. Some companies are requiring it for new employees. Get this - I even heard that recruiters are asking applicants to sign documents that the person got the vax for the employer. Lots of crazy stuff going on out there. Your experience, thoughts and opinions are welcomed. Originally Posted by johnjay
Just curious, why would it be illegal to make sure an employee us vaccinated? State or Federal law? Specific statute?

Exemptions for religious groups etc. may have to be given by the government, but they don’t have to be given by private employers.
My Company hasn't asked, but I wouldn't be surprised if it does in the near future, depending on the trajectory of the Delta variant. Virtually everyone I know hurried to get the vax, so I think few would be affected by a change in Company policy.

Why not just get the damn vaccine, instead of plotting how to get out of it?

Oh yeah, that damn chip tracking device. I forgot
Work for a "progressive" Fortune 100 company with headquarters in Bay Area. Our (once) on-site TX workforce is estimated to have just-over 50% vaccination rate based off requested self-reporting, as compared to a well-over 70% rate for our CA counterparts. My company won't mandate vaccinations for us at this time. They also have been trying to move as much of their ops out of CA for a while now, even before the pandemic, while making record profits...so unless they want a suddenly smaller workforce that can't handle the immediate business demand, I don't see them being the mechanism to mandate vaccination, as much as the Feds want to offload this burden on to private businesses. In the end, money will trump any sort of ethics given lip service to.
Yea what happened to HIP laws the woke seems to ignore that fact Hmm
My opinion is after the 2022 mid terms this is going away ,,, but the lawsuits are gonna start
Why not just get the damn vaccine, instead of plotting how to get out of it? Originally Posted by Chung Tran
For the same reason I don't pick up street walkers on Harry Hines.

I want to avoid the risk of getting something that will be worse than what I've already had.

The only jabs that are being given are of the EUA vax... the "approved" version doesn't exist yet, so the FDA played some slight of hand to fool people into taking the EUA version. The EUA cannot be mandated.. so we're safe for a while, and I'm expecting the side-effects to make themselves known in a way that cannot be ignored in the next 12-24 months... so by the time a non EUA version is available and mandates start, the downsides will be so obvious that there won't be any mandates.

Long story short: I'm not in the habit of joining Drug testing programs for cash or any other reason... Call me when the long term effects have been studied and are known.
For the same reason I don't pick up street walkers on Harry Hines.

I want to avoid the risk of getting something that will be worse than what I've already had.

The only jabs that are being given are of the EUA vax... the "approved" version doesn't exist yet, so the FDA played some slight of hand to fool people into taking the EUA version. The EUA cannot be mandated.. so we're safe for a while, and I'm expecting the side-effects to make themselves known in a way that cannot be ignored in the next 12-24 months... so by the time a non EUA version is available and mandates start, the downsides will be so obvious that there won't be any mandates.

Long story short: I'm not in the habit of joining Drug testing programs for cash or any other reason... Call me when the long term effects have been studied and are known. Originally Posted by texassapper
VERY well said.

Personally, I have been exposed to COVID multiple times without getting so much as a sniffle, the last time just a couple of weeks ago.

I don't really have a lot of fear about the vaccine/s, but I have ZERO fear of COVID itself after being exposed to it as many times as I have over the last 18 months or so. Why should I join an "unpaid drug testing program" (or even a paid one) for a disease I have been exposed to over and over again when the odds of getting sick from the vaccine are higher than the odds of me getting sick from the disease itself? That would be just fucking STUPID.
Grace - Thanks for responding (as well as all others). I think you may have over-simplified or even merged 2 ideas. You cannot ask medical information like HIV status, I think the jab is no different which is why this company outsourced the asking to a recruiter to do it on their behalf. A workaround the EEOC laws on personal medical information. This is supported by pre-existing condition rules where sick people or sick family members information is held private to allow people to change jobs as long as health insurance coverage is on a continuous basis with no gaps. This allows the medical treatment to continue for that sick person and handed off to the new employers insurance company. This gets complicated to say the least. Again, thanks to all for your answers. Keep them coming!
Haven't been asked and my employer doesn't require it. There are plenty of images of the cards online.. complete with lot numbers being visible. Hell Pfizer was putting pics online with the lot numbers visible. Print your own and take pics of it for your employer. There is (as of now) no centralized DB of the shots and who got them.. in many cases, the only thing filled out on the cards were the lot#s! Based on experience the government will get around to a DB of vaxxed about the second week of never... and then it won't work for a year or two...

The only important thing to do is try and use a lot# that you know was used nearby you... ie. a lot# that was mostly consumed in upstate NY probably shouldn't be used on a card that was supposedly distributed in Dallas. Originally Posted by texassapper
Those patient number on the card track back to your name. You need to bribe someone at CVS ($200 appears to be the going rate) to enter you in the database in order otherwise you will be quickly found out.
Grace - Thanks for responding (as well as all others). I think you may have over-simplified or even merged 2 ideas. You cannot ask medical information like HIV status, I think the jab is no different which is why this company outsourced the asking to a recruiter to do it on their behalf. A workaround the EEOC laws on personal medical information. This is supported by pre-existing condition rules where sick people or sick family members information is held private to allow people to change jobs as long as health insurance coverage is on a continuous basis with no gaps. This allows the medical treatment to continue for that sick person and handed off to the new employers insurance company. This gets complicated to say the least. Again, thanks to all for your answers. Keep them coming! Originally Posted by johnjay

It has already been held that the jab IS different... a company can absolutely ask your vaccination status, not just for COVID but for every other vaccine out there, from the measles to the flu and beyond. You are correct in regards to employers using third party vendors for physicals, etc... but, they also typically use third party vendors for drug screening, background investigation, etc.

For the one above talking about HIPAA-- HIPAA covers YOUR medical provider. YOUR medical provider cannot release your medical records without your permission. An employer CAN ask you about your vaccination status-- you then have to right to answer or not answer and that employer then has the right to respond in the manner they see fit based on your answer (or refusal). HIPAA is a handy law in some cases, such as if a doctor sends your medical file to someone without permission--- or you're trying to fix your credit and have medical collections. But an employer asking you to personally disclose? Nope.. not a violation. You still have the right to refuse to disclose.
Those patient number on the card track back to your name. You need to bribe someone at CVS ($200 appears to be the going rate) to enter you in the database in order otherwise you will be quickly found out. Originally Posted by Ralph Fults

That part. My current employer has a system where we take a picture of our vaxx card. A few people have been walked for falsifying documents (which-- is foolish, because the company doesn't require vaccination-- they just offer perks if you are vaccinated). They can absolutely establish whether or not the info matches.
There is (as of now) no centralized DB of the shots and who got them. Originally Posted by texassapper
There's definitely a DB that doctors have access to at least, where they can check your COVID vax status.

My company hasn't asked to report status yet but probably will soon, based on a couple of buddies in similar industries. They didn't need to upload an image of the card but were asked about which shot and dates.

Some companies are taxing your health insurance premiums if you don't have it.