hey guys, question about reg life interfering with hobby life

• !VI!
  • 06-16-2015, 07:52 AM
so i am still not a vet at this,

but i've always found it easier to use my real name so if people walk up to me in reg life, it's not a awkward greeting.

Lately i have been super busy with conventions, and i've not had much time to hobby. Playing or receiving, so .... how do i balance it out? and what do you do when you want to hobby more but just can't?
Give up sleeping, and eat only weenies.
Is it a matter of not having time for the session itself, or just no time for all the pre-work (advertising, screening, etc.)?

If the latter, from time to time I've had providers convenient to me, who knew my general availability, who would reach out to me (with my permission) when they had the time and inclination. Those arrangements may not be common, but if you are able to line up a few "go to" guys, that may give you some quick fixes.

I don't know what to tell you if you don't even have time for the sex.
Caffeine and micro-naps and passive income.
Hearing this actually makes me happy.

No wait, let me explain. In the corporate world the work/life balance is cliche, but they always make the pronouncement. Balance! Balance! Balance!

Finally one of our officers alluded to, "work/life balance is a lie. We've got a job to do, when you finish doing your job you can go live your life".

So that this exists within the hobby gives me hope that everyone is as miserable as me!
  • hd
  • 06-16-2015, 12:02 PM
Don't give up your day job!!! And don't get suckered in to full time providing. You've been around long enough to know this is not a life-time career that you can count on.

You will have to figure out how to balance your free time for clients and yourself when you're not working. I'm sure you understand what I'm saying?
Idk wtf you guys are talking about. I fully plan to set up an incall in my retirement community.

Pussy never sleeps.
Idk wtf you guys are talking about. I fully plan to set up an incall in my retirement community.

Pussy never sleeps. Originally Posted by thathottnurse
If there is a God, He will arrange to have me be the dirty old man across the hall
  • hd
  • 06-16-2015, 12:50 PM
look for an increase in the senior mortality rate.
I know what you mean about time - there just isn't enough of it to do everything. Personally I'm envious of the guys on here that get to hobby several times a week, even several times a month. I'm lucky if I can hobby several times a year - just too much happening at the same time.

For me, I have very specific circumstances in which I can hobby and I try to discipline myself not to do it otherwise. But when the circumstances hit, I start planning. This is the only way I can keep a balance.
I know what you mean about time - there just isn't enough of it to do everything. Personally I'm envious of the guys on here that get to hobby several times a week, - just too much happening at the same time.
Originally Posted by Alastair
+1

I keep thinking about getting an apartment and living off the Tollway at Spring Valley if you know what I mean. Then the travel time would be really short .
What Warren Zevon said

Pussy never sleeps. Originally Posted by thathottnurse
If there is a God, He will arrange to have me be the dirty old man across the hall Originally Posted by TinMan
look for an increase in the senior mortality rate. Originally Posted by hd
These three comments - I have fallen and I can't get up.
Lately i have been super busy with conventions, and i've not had much time to hobby. Playing or receiving, so .... how do i balance it out? and what do you do when you want to hobby more but just can't? Originally Posted by !VI!
I actually quit my last job because it was a soul sucking time sucking beast (of course I had this current job lined up).

I have not been this happy in a long time! No more working off the clock, no more mandatory over time, and the best part is that I have time to enjoy the hobby again.

That being said it's still a balancing act. I try my best to make my hours of availability very clear. I also set up my PM's and my P 411 notifications to come straight to my email, which I have set up to make a sound on my phone when they come in so that I'm not missing my messages. I also try to clock in on time and clock out on time every single day so that I'm not in a rush and I am relaxed and ready to go.

If you love your job and its just convention season that makes providing difficult then I agree finding hobbyists that can play during your free time will be helpful. You can also try running specials geared towards the time of day or days of the week that you wish to play, this is something that I also do.

I hope you find your balance, nobody should have to go without sex!