Public announcement to attached hobbiest: Please buy a hobby phone.

After returning from my latest out of town excursion this afternoon, I was welcomed home with a delightful phone call from a clients wife. How often do we hear stories of provider's on the recieving end of a phone call from a angry, emotional, wife or girlfriend. This situation is usually results from something as simple as lack of a hobby phone.

Newbies PLEASE pay attention!

Prepaid phones are super cheap nowadays and easy to obtain. They could be found at gas stations, grocery stores, dollar stores etc. Here are some common excuses I have heard myself and stories from other provider's:

1) My wife will notice I have another phone

Keep the darn thing at work if need be and hobby only during lunch hour.

2)Arent they expensive?

A really cheap prepaid phone can be easily purchased for well under 50 bucks.

3) I dont know were to find one.

Dude if you can manage to find the hooker of your dreams online why can you not google and find a retail location. (Wal-mart, Gas stations)

4) I do not want the another phone in my name.

If you have to set up an account for the phone tell them your name is Scooby Doo and you live at 123 elm st. It is not a contract and the carrier does not really care about your account or the info on it.

This one is my favorite;

5) I do not hobby enough to have a hobby phone.

If that is the case purchase the cheapest phone possible with minimal airtime. Do your research on the provider you are planing to see to avoid wasting time and minutes on the phone. After you have met with her throw away the darn thing and buy another one in six months, a year or how ever long it will be before you hobby again. After all throwing away 30 or 40 bucks on a phone is better than throwing away half of your belongs in a divorce.

Just my thoughts.

P.S.
I wouldn't even date a man that didn't know any of the above already. Most of that stuff is common sense. It's true.. some people don't have that. IF anyone's wife ever calls me, I will cut all ties with that person ASAP! I do NOT want to be the reason for a divorce.
Girl, I just posted something like this in my area's Co-Ed forum. I had two wives call me this week and one wouldn't take my standard response for an answer. She called me this afternoon to tell me that I'm a whore and should be in jail. After listening to her call me every name in the book, I told her I'm sorry, but I still don't know her husband and to leave me alone.

Funny twist about this story, her husband has NEVER booked with me. He's called twice in the last month or so for rates, etc.

Moral of the story....buy a freakin hobby phone gentlemen.

I can't add anymore to this post then what Bailey said.
... and if you can't BUY a hobby phone for whatever reason, sign up for Google Voice it's FREE!
Why would I buy a hobby phone when the number of people who care what I use my real phone for is less than zero?
Why would I buy a hobby phone when the number of people who care what I use my real phone for is less than zero? Originally Posted by gulflover
Most, if not all, married men have wives that care.
Being a widower, (and old), I have no body to answer to but myself. And I STILL have a hobby phone.

Go to WalMart, buy a TracFone, pay cash, and sign nothing. It is really that simple.

Oh, don't be so stupid as to activate it by e-mail. And do not give a real number for a alternate contact. They don't care. They just want you to buy the phone, and of course, the cards for minutes.
Being a widower, (and old), I have no body to answer to but myself. And I STILL have a hobby phone.

Go to WalMart, buy a TracFone, pay cash, and sign nothing. It is really that simple.

Oh, don't be so stupid as to activate it by e-mail. And do not give a real number for a alternate contact. They don't care. They just want you to buy the phone, and of course, the cards for minutes. Originally Posted by Jackie S
This is true.
Uck....I hate getting the lovely "mad housewife" calls.....I'm getting pretty creative with the excuses I tell then though
I wouldn't even date a man that didn't know any of the above already. Most of that stuff is common sense. It's true.. some people don't have that. IF anyone's wife ever calls me, I will cut all ties with that person ASAP! I do NOT want to be the reason for a divorce. Originally Posted by Naomi4u
I'm not sure I believe you ask each date, "Is this a hobby phone, or your real phone," and then turn them down if it is real. Having said that, your point about GV is a good one.

Uck....I hate getting the lovely "mad housewife" calls.....I'm getting pretty creative with the excuses I tell then though Originally Posted by Valerie
Maybe you should start charging by the creativeness of the excuse you're willing to provide.
I'm not sure I believe you ask each date, "Is this a hobby phone, or your real phone," and then turn them down if it is real. Having said that, your point about GV is a good one. Originally Posted by charlestudor2005
Believe it or not Charles I do. Most of my dates will also tell you that I don't call them unless they ask me to.
Why would I buy a hobby phone when the number of people who care what I use my real phone for is less than zero? Originally Posted by gulflover
One of the key word's in the title of the thread is "attached" meaning you have a wife or GF.
After returning from my latest out of town excursion this afternoon, I was welcomed home with a delightful phone call from a clients wife. How often do we hear stories of provider's on the recieving end of a phone call from a angry, emotional, wife or girlfriend. This situation is usually results from something as simple as lack of a hobby phone.

. Originally Posted by beautifulbailey
I'm not sure I believe you ask each date, "Is this a hobby phone, or your real phone," and then turn them down if it is real. Having said that, your point about GV is a good one.

Maybe you should start charging by the creativeness of the excuse you're willing to provide. Originally Posted by charlestudor2005
Haha!...Well the last one I had left a really cheeky voicemail& wouldn't stop calling, so I finally answered and spoke to her in French the entire time, she was getting sooooooo frustrated, and I was trying not to laugh, but she didn't phone me again after that .....wonder why......
If I had an SO or was in a serious relationship with a GF, then I wouldn't be hobbying.
I am a single male 45, so I answer to no-one about my phone, but a thought crossed my mind...
what if a hobbyiest's wife found your #, called you and started calling names etc, then decided to report you to the cops saying you did things you did not do to her husband?

in other words.. you are now known to the cops as a provider.