Gas shortage

A whole new reason to NCNS. If this keeps up I'll be trading ehtyl for pussy this weekend.

This is true - 12pm Southlake area - big queues for the few gas pumps not yet on empty
With the concentration of the regional gas refineries in SE Texas & Louisiana, along with what seems to be JIT supply chain, any disruption to the ecosystem causes havoc near and far. Filled my 5 cars yesterday noon time.... time to revisit the Tesla or hybrid offerings me thinks
I literally was at Sams this morning with a dear friend of mine and there was 20 plus car deep lines on each lane. She got gas I didnt ... lol ... i might have to walk home ...
Same issue everywhere in Plano. North Dallas, South Dallas, as of I know. Ppl are filling up even gallon containers.
This is gonna be a fucking longgg weekend.
Some gas stations are already out of gas as of last night.
Yes, saw the same thing on Mockingbird in SMU area, Lemmon Ave Love Field.

Worst of all was the 30+ cars in line for a RaceTrack. I drove past the mullets and saw that the RaceTrack was closed, all pumps out of gas. These idiots were in line, idling, using gas, only to get to the station and find out there was no gas.

Sheepeople.

It is too early to panic. I'll tell you when to panic.
I just filled up in north Dallas near Frankford and George Bush Tollway.. the racetrac was already out of gas.. the little neighborhood store had some, but ran out while I was there. (last 2 gallons took forever to go in and the lady at the next pump said it wasnt going at all for her..)
I went to lunch and drove by a Valero, a 7-11, a Chevron and the right lane is a standstill jam of 30 cars long trying to get into the station.

More gas is on the way by end of next week when a pipeline that brings gas to north Texas from Houston will reopen.

Plus this is labor day weekend and add idiots that are panicking when they shouldn't have.
I just got some.. drove around to about 10 stations, some had the trash bags covering the handles, some had $0.00 posted so you knew they were out.. finally got some at QT, 20 minute wait.. some pumps had low pressure.. I had been in a long line at Walmart, the Manger walked up and said he would "probably be out by the time you get up there".

this shit happened out of nowhere, it seems.. no news stations saying anything, but word of mouth spreading like wildfire.
dont get the idiots filling their tanks when they are only half empty. really, you that stupid. ugh.....
dont get the idiots filling their tanks when they are only half empty. really, you that stupid. ugh..... Originally Posted by Bluesplyr
Let me try and clarify the situation for you: They want a full tank when it runs out locally. By the time you read this most of the gas stations around DFW will be out. You might want to re-think the stupid idiot thing....
If idiots top off their tanks, I'm a fucking idiot for topping off two cars and grabbing another 15 gals in cans.

I'll be jealous of all the geniuses sitting at home this weekend, while I'm out fishing. Man, I'm such a loser.
If idiots top off their tanks, I'm a fucking idiot for topping off two cars and grabbing another 15 gals in cans.

I'll be jealous of all the geniuses sitting at home this weekend, while I'm out fishing. Man, I'm such a loser. Originally Posted by Billogoods
Hope they're biting !

I'll be jealous of all the geniuses sitting at home this weekend, while I'm out fishing. Man, I'm such a loser. Originally Posted by Billogoods
Maybe you'd like to join me in Ampville after fishing. We can take our pick.
If I could have found any five gallon cans, I would have filled them too. I use 2 gallons a day just to commute . God forbid i should need to do anything.
I work over by Plano and I had to get gas from Alma and Park I believe. There's a RaceTrack there. Luckily I only waited 10 minutes to gas up.