how often to hobbyists catch STDs?

I was just wondering how often hobbyists contract STDs. I never really hear anyone talking about it. Anyone heard of any in the dallas area? Do you guys ever go get tested? Always use protection for intercorse. But I do enjoy the ocassional BBBJ and DATY
I get tested regularly.like once a year minimum..no problems yet. ..and I wear condoms but as for daty. I don't eat it unless I'd be willing to bareback it...if I wouldn't put my dick in it I'm not eating it
I go every 3 to 6 months. If you don't I would recommend that you go at least once a year. More frequently if you Hobby frequently.

Talking about it too specifically is frowned upon as the discussion often goes downhill--someone gets called out or accused...that sort of thing.
I have been actively playing for over three years and, as you can tell by the handle, I definitely enjoy the oral arts (giving and receiving). While the sky will always be falling for some guys, I think it's enough just to exercise a little common sense and good judgement. Oh, and I have never caught so much as a cold.
  • NYr
  • 09-11-2014, 09:17 PM
No one is going to announce they have an STD; neither the guy nor the women.
But in back channels you hear a lot of rumors about folks.

I use protection all the time, but still get checked every few months just to be safe.
  • Gbfsl
  • 09-11-2014, 10:31 PM
I have always assumed that providers got themselves tested often, but never thought about it from our side. Just never thought about it. Let me ask a basic question. What is involved in "getting tested". Is it a urine test, a blood test, both? Do you go to your regular doctor or, since he is the family doctor, do you go to a Prima Care or something like that. I Hobby often and I spend an enormous amount of my time DATY and DATO. So sounds like maybe I should consider regular testing. Like I said, just never thought about it as being part of the game we all play here. Thanks for this thread.
I have always assumed that providers got themselves tested often, but never thought about it from our side. Just never thought about it. Let me ask a basic question. What is involved in "getting tested". Is it a urine test, a blood test, both? Do you go to your regular doctor or, since he is the family doctor, do you go to a Prima Care or something like that. I Hobby often and I spend an enormous amount of my time DATY and DATO. So sounds like maybe I should consider regular testing. Like I said, just never thought about it as being part of the game we all play here. Thanks for this thread. Originally Posted by Gbfsl
Check out anylabtestnow.com. They have multiple locations around DFW and they test for just about anything and everything.
STDcheck.com pick the test you want ala carte or their 8 test package. About 250 bucks. They send you the script. You go to your loca Lab Corp office give some blood and piss in a cup. 3 days later you get an email all negative. If you are unlucky you get a phone call from a Dr. Just got the email so good to go.
I've only been hobbying a short time but got in the habit of getting tested yearly in my younger days. Even makes more since now.
  • Dingo
  • 09-11-2014, 11:19 PM
There are home tests available. CVS has HIV one and others are available on the net. You test them on your gums. You get results in 15-20 mins. If you get a positive then get a blood test.
Think of it this way... if you have a concern get checked, get checked at least twice a year, don't BB, and if you expect the lady to be clean then be sure you are as well. Good Hygiene isn't about just taking a shower.
I give red blood cells every 8 weeks because I have a rare blood type. They test me every time and I have NEVER had an STD and don't plan on it . Play safe is the only way I play
  • EZ.
  • 09-12-2014, 09:09 AM
When it comes to VD, I believe I have seen all there is to see with the exception of HIV and Herpes.
I had three combat MOSs: Medic, Light weapons and demolitions, and communications. When I would come off of patrol, I ran the "clap shack" and was on stand by for dust off. I also tested the girls at the local steam and cream and issued their VD cards. The girls would often take antibiotics that were bit strong enough to kill the infection but strong enough to mask the symptoms. It made for an almost immune strain of gonorrhea. GI's called it the "bull head clap". The head of your dick would swell up to the size of a tennis ball. There were all sorts of rumors floating around about getting shipped off to an island if you were infected. They also told stories of having it hit with a rubber mallet. More that once we had to grab the infected soldier and restrain them so they could be treated. They believed that the their was a core in the head of their tool, like a pimple or a boil. It was like a sprained wrist where the entire area swells up. Hitting it will a mallet is only going to make the matter worse.
One of the worst things was venereal warts. Because of the extreme temperatures and sweat, these could spread rapidly. They used an electric needle on the small ones, an acid solution on large areas and on the large ones might need to be surgically removed. I understand that there are far better treatments today.
No one is going to announce they have an STD; neither the guy nor the women.
But in back channels you hear a lot of rumors about folks.

I use protection all the time, but still get checked every few months just to be safe. Originally Posted by NYr
+1000
You have to care about yourself and who you play with!!
I get tested regularly.like once a year minimum..no problems yet. ..and I wear condoms but as for daty. I don't eat it unless I'd be willing to bareback it...if I wouldn't put my dick in it I'm not eating it Originally Posted by lineman27
+100 agreed. If the hygiene isn't maintained other things probably aren't cared for as well.