Caution to Google Map Users

So, last night, we both had our laptops out in bed doing quick check before bed. SO leans over and says want to see something cool? I said "sure". So she leads me to Google Maps, has me click on the "timeline" option and BAM.

Google keeps track of everywhere one goes, every day. Fortunately, yesterday I was exactly where I told her I was as well as the day before. Thankfully, no other days were checked.

I had no idea and am trying to figure out just how in the hell to delete certain days. Included are a couple of screen shots I pulled up to show how accurate it can be...and potentially damaging.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/tjj0ef8wv...Hd6kVQGUa?dl=0
You can delete locations through the mobile app version.
You can also disable google map location history completely. This won't keep track of anything.

You can also get fucked over by other social media apps on your phone. Facebook, foursquare, etc. all can access your GPS and tell others where and/or who else you're near.
Yeah, luckily I found out about this on my own. I just delete the day before I head home if I was somewhere I shouldn't have been.
You can also stay signed out completely
Caution, know how to use the technology before you use it.
LOL....duh.

You can turn it completely off. Its only on to suggest you certain things, alert you of traffic for routes u freqyently travel
Delete activity by ... (and thanks for this post)
Attached Images File Type: png Untitled.png (20.6 KB, 1235 views)
turn it off in your car too. my vehicle is connected and was tracking my movements too, then with a recent googlemaps update, it started suggesting places, and possible duration with traffic WTH!!!!
  • BLM69
  • 03-09-2017, 12:53 PM
You can also just delete the hotel that you were getting your cock sucked during lunch
If you are logged in to your goggle account on her laptop then yes she can see where you go. I had watched my ex like that. but some good advice is to only use your location when needed and always sign out of your account if you just so happen to use your SO laptop silly man. Or you could use that new app whats it called Waze or Ways or some hit like that
I discovered my cell phone keeping track of my where abouts including the name and address of the place (in this case Motel 6), my arrival time, departure time and amount of time I was there. I have Android and it can be erased and turned on/off in the settings:History section.

Be careful with these smart devices, when they are on they record damn near everything.
And, let's not forget those pics & vids. Everytime you record or take a pic, it encodes the device ID & your location. So, when you post that pic/vid of some woman, brushing her tonsils with your mini-me, anyone who accesses the pic/vid can learn who you are & where you were. There are activists trolling the 'net to find these jewels. Then, they use the location data to find the hotel & notify the local 'Thorities about trafficking, who may choose to investigate the user data on the now-public-domain file for additional infomation.

Two words: bur ner
Doesn't it really suck when your smart phone is smarter than you?

Tip: Learn about the device you're using before using it. It could save you from divorce.
I keep location tracking turned off even though I don't have an SO. Call me paranoid but I don't want my wanderings tracked.