Cash Bar Sales?

Fellow bar owners, what’s your suggestion on how to handle cash sales and reconcile with IRS and TABC? Trying to find loopholes 😬😬😬
Déjà vu
Well, the TABC can pull a list of purchases from your alcohol vendors, so they will know exactly how much you've bought/sold.
And by the way, the IRS knows that the TABC can do that.
BTW2, you left out TxDeptRev for sales tax of 8.25% who daily work with TABC

Moved from coed
Ha you’re screwed
Yeah, I fingered as much, just looking for guidance
Buy your Beer and Wine at Costco/Sams and run that through your Cash Bar. Neither Beer nor Wine have a TABC sticker on it, so it is easier to get away with.

TABC will only pull a list of purchases from your alcohol vendors IF somebody says something or IF your taxes are REALLY off.

If you have never run a cash bar and reported it, then buying your beer/wine from Costco/Sams and creating a new Cash Bar will not raise any red flags.

Been there, done that and have never had any problems.
Here is a novel idea: Pay the taxes you are required to pay and stop trying to cheat the system. Act ethically and morally.
Agreed, pay all your taxes just like all of our senators and congressmen. Take up Insider trading while you are it, and launder some money through foreign countries.
The above advice to buy beer through Costco/Sams is spot on. If you want to be even more slick with Liquor sales simply buy the same bottle through a regular avenue then just refill the bottle. Of course in order to do this you have to either run the bar yourself or have employees willing to not snitch on you, which will probably not happen. Plus if you have alot of cash sales in a bar and they know you are already scamming the regulators, they are going to steal more. What are you going to say about it? You honestly don't really want to fuck with TABC. If you get to the point you have to start scamming to keep your bar open, you are not doing a good job of having enough customers to sustain a sustainable business, perhaps this ain't the business for you. Bars and restaurants are the highest fail businesses and for the fortunate are very lucrative. Good luck
Here is a novel idea: Pay the taxes you are required to pay and stop trying to cheat the system. Act ethically and morally. Originally Posted by majorjones
LMAO @ "Act ethically and morally."
Pppbbttttt lol!!
#Fail #Hypocrisy
The above advice to buy beer through Costco/Sams is spot on. If you want to be even more slick with Liquor sales simply buy the same bottle through a regular avenue then just refill the bottle. Of course in order to do this you have to either run the bar yourself or have employees willing to not snitch on you, which will probably not happen. Plus if you have alot of cash sales in a bar and they know you are already scamming the regulators, they are going to steal more. What are you going to say about it? You honestly don't really want to fuck with TABC. If you get to the point you have to start scamming to keep your bar open, you are not doing a good job of having enough customers to sustain a sustainable business, perhaps this ain't the business for you. Bars and restaurants are the highest fail businesses and for the fortunate are very lucrative. Good luck Originally Posted by Pitroom
I was a bartender for 15 years you definitely don’t want TABC on your back
You all have forgotten that ABC is like a Vice squad in a Strip Club. They could already be in the bar watching the pours and registers. They and State Dept of Rev actually teach their field agents how to observe and take notes.

Btw, a former bartender and a bouncer.
Yes I know that too, I was just stating the Obvious you don’t want to TABC on your back period, As you don’t want vice either, Stings can happen in either scenario.
What them toes hitting for CendellM, I'm incredibly horny today with some money burning my pockets