So Who is in and who is out of the College Football Championships?

Alabama and Oregon are a given- that leaves 2 spots:

1) TCU currently ranked 3rd they defeat a very bad Iowa State team

2) FSU currently undefeated and they squeak by a ranked team (GA-Tech) by 2 points- but have had to comeback at least 4 times this year against some average teams.

3) Ohio State- ranked 5th- but destroys a ranked team by 59 points all with a 3rd string QB.

4) Baylor- defeats a rank team and also holds the distinction of beating the current 3rd rated team TCU in a head to head battle.

Decisions Decisions Decisions!!!!!!!
Alabama

Oregan

Tcu

Ohio State
Alabama

Oregan

Tcu

Ohio State Originally Posted by verygood69
Mine is similar but swap TCU with Baylor- Baylor beat TCU head to head- plus last game was against a rank team- TCU last game was against a bad team with a 2-9 record.
Why do they only have four teams? Seems like eight or sixteen would be much more logical.
Why do they only have four teams? Seems like eight or sixteen would be much more logical. Originally Posted by TexTushHog
Yes, I think next year they should consider an 8 team elimination- because come Monday morning at least 2 teams are going to get screwed!!!
Alabama
Oregon
Florida State
Ohio State

Two things hurt Big 12 schools. No Conference championship, and the fact that Baylor beat TCU. Its much easier to take the political stance and leave them both out right now. Also consider this, TCU is the only school that didn't play a ranked opponent this week. I'd be surprised if they don't drop to 6 and BU goes to 5.
Mine is similar but swap TCU with Baylor- Baylor beat TCU head to head- plus last game was against a rank team- TCU last game was against a bad team with a 2-9 record. Originally Posted by wellendowed1911
The second the committee moved TCU to 3rd it erased the TCU or Baylor argument. Nothing changed that today.

I do see Ohio State replacing Florida St.

OU vs TCU should be an excellent game.
  • broes
  • 12-07-2014, 12:42 AM
The second the committee moved TCU to 3rd it erased the TCU or Baylor argument. Nothing changed that today.

I do see Ohio State replacing Florida St.

OU vs TCU should be an excellent game. Originally Posted by Boltfan
I think there is a better shot of Ohio State replacing TCU. No way they leave the undefeated reigning champs out that just beat a quality team.
I think there is a better shot of Ohio State replacing TCU. No way they leave the undefeated reigning champs out that just beat a quality team. Originally Posted by broes
Honestly I think they need to drop FSU- going undefeated means nothing if your resume shows that you struggled and had to come back at least 4 times against terrible teams. Notre Dame is an avg team at best and nearly beat FSU. Plus they barely beat G-Tech.
Ask yourself this question- how many teams did FSU dominate this season?
1. Alabama

2. Oregon

3. Ohio State

4. Florida State

5. Baylor

6. TCU

Now that the resumes of all the teams are complete, 4 of the power 5 conferences will be represented, which is really all that you can ask for. All 6 teams are playing well, Florida State plays well enough to win (which is really all you need to do) and they have not lost a game in 2 years. The Big 12 teams will suffer without a conference championship game and that will be reflective in the vote.
  • EZ.
  • 12-07-2014, 09:15 AM
I would like to see Alabama and Oregon play. Ohio State is the only northern team to win a National Championship in the last 15 years. Florida hasn't dominated in most of their games. Neither Baylor or TCU have seen the level of competition in the SEC.
Honestly I think they need to drop FSU- going undefeated means nothing if your resume shows that you struggled and had to come back at least 4 times against terrible teams. Notre Dame is an avg team at best and nearly beat FSU. Plus they barely beat G-Tech.
Ask yourself this question- how many teams did FSU dominate this season? Originally Posted by wellendowed1911
+1000

FS struggled to beat anyone that was mediocre
Well we have it. Another screwed up deal in college football.

I have a close and personal friend that happens to be on the committee. spoke with him which his reply was..... It is still nothing but Politics as it has always been.
Revoted and recited till they had it right..... Just like always.
Nailed it...
Fsu will be out