Preferable locations

Hi there, I am considering a trip to Albuquerque. I haven’t been in years, and I’ve heard that a lot has changed, but I have not heard where the preferred/ convenient/safe areas of town may be. I’m interested in hearing from the guys and ladies. Thank you in advance. :-)
I've met a couple of touring girls and they've both stayed near the airport. There's a handful of hotels near Yale/Gibson (look on the map, you'll see them).

The hotels to stay away from would be any address on or very near Central Ave. And the ones near off of Coors between Central and I-40. Sketchy areas.
Uptown area can be nice as well, and there are a couple of good hotels near I-25 and Osuna/San Mateo.

Central Ave. isn't all bad if you are staying at a higher end hotel (Park Central or Hotel Andaluz come to mind)
Red or green is correct, just stay away from central ave from Louisana all the way to tramway!
Uptown area can be nice as well, and there are a couple of good hotels near I-25 and Osuna/San Mateo.

Central Ave. isn't all bad if you are staying at a higher end hotel (Park Central or Hotel Andaluz come to mind) Originally Posted by RedorGreenorXmas
Good point about those two hotels, forgot them. I was thinking of the chains.
Well, thanks bunches for the info and PMs. I hope to see y’all soon.