Has the donation gone up with inflation

I am curious which way the world is going. If the inflation goes up, johns have less disposable income so that would decrease the demand but on the other hand ladies need more for their daily expenses and hence they would ask for more.

So, which way is the world heading right now?
I am curious which way the world is going. If the inflation goes up, johns have less disposable income so that would decrease the demand but on the other hand ladies need more for their daily expenses and hence they would ask for more.

So, which way is the world heading right now? Originally Posted by whatdoiknow3
I believe you had the response to your question on the comment

I believe the world is heading to more difficult times than this.
According to Uncle Joe unemployment is low & wages are higher than ever. No better time to hobby than now.
Please just pay whatever the lady asks for and do no complaining. That's the way to go
Ive been contacted by ladies quite a few times as of late and tell them no thank that their rates are beyond my budget and then the message comes that says "how much are you wanting to spend" or "I will work with you". Keep in mind I said they contacted me. I never contact a lady that doesnt fit my budget.
LOL.
Nope.. at least not in my book..
LOL. Originally Posted by Alyssa71
LOL is RIGHT
Can I finance the session?

Or "I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a BBBJCFSburger today".
I have noticed several providers who disappeared or announced their retirement have suddenly started posted on my local boards.

When the Federal reserve starts to ruase rates its goal is to remove money from the system thru demand destruction, meaning money costs more to borrow.

This trickle down effect means there is less construction projects, less real estate Transactions as the cost to borrow money has gone up.

Materials and labor are more readily available because there are keys goods and services available.

As rates rise, cash is king. More people are willing to work as there are less projects/Transactions occurring.

In the hobby world this should mean a better variety or providers who will be willing to help you out with your needs.

I remember the 2008-2014 time period. There were single moms who became providers as they had to, to make ends meet. The hobbiest with cash was in demand and if you were a regular discounts and menu were wide open.

The question is how far will the federal reserve push demand destruction. The Fed has announced they will raise interest rates a half of a percent in May and another half percent in June. How much further will they go?

The next few year's might be a good tike to be a hobbiest.
Things are pretty normal in my world.

In all my years I can't ever think of a time where my "hobby work" was affected by the economy.

I guess things were slow in March/April/May of 2020, however, that was because of covid, but thankfully things normalized pretty quickly for me.
  • bbkid
  • 04-27-2022, 06:21 AM
Please just pay whatever the lady asks for and do no complaining. Originally Posted by Pitroom
This has always worked for me as well.
It hasn't changed. I left for 3 years and it's gotten better for me. I don't have any complaints! I even get tipped most of the time! The hobby world is thriving now. As long as there's consistency and you treat your clients right, you'll thrive nowadays. Inflation ain't stopping shit... At least for me...
I believe you had the response to your question on the comment

I believe the world is heading to more difficult times than this. Originally Posted by Ericka xoxo

^^^ This... Especially the second part...

Have a great day and Happy Hobbying!
Keynesian economics has been the Covid of US policy since I was just a kitten... Maybe longer.
The government gets and stays involved in the free market far too long trying to manipulate beyond periods of recession or inflation and thereby create recessions or inflation which they then have to navigate their created crisis with more policy. It keeps a bunch of un-elected bureaucrats in the central banking system in control of the economy the same way the CDC has been in control of making restrictive and likely unconstitutional policy decisions in the face of Covid.
And for the record it's not a Dem/Rep, Progressive/Conservative thing. It's a swamp thing.