Post Views

I did a couple of searches of keywords before posting This question, and came up with either too many or two few results.

In each forum, beside each thread there is a count which shows the number of responses, and the number of views. My question involves the number of views.

Is the number of views the total number of MEMBERS who have viewed the.post?
Does the total number of views include guests?
if member views the post, and comes back later, is it counted once/twice/thrice or as many times as the member views the post?
Does every view by a guest count over and over?
I did a couple of searches of keywords before posting This question, and came up with either too many or two few results.

In each forum, beside each thread there is a count which shows the number of responses, and the number of views. My question involves the number of views.

Is the number of views the total number of MEMBERS who have viewed the.post? No
Does the total number of views include guests? Yes
if member views the post, and comes back later, is it counted once/twice/thrice or as many times as the member views the post? As many times at it is clicked on by whomever
Does every view by a guest count over and over? Originally Posted by MrSmith8691
Yes

Is the number of views the total number of MEMBERS who have viewed the.post?
Does the total number of views include guests?
if member views the post, and comes back later, is it counted once/twice/thrice or as many times as the member views the post?
Does every view by a guest count over and over? Originally Posted by MrSmith8691
That is a very good question. I was just wondering that too. Right when you post a review and almost immediately I post a pic that's 1 view right there and since its in my cp now I would go back to the review ya know to see how many compliments I get for the pic, the system might count that again as another view by me. I think I checked on other reviews if I view multiple times where the system would only count me once but I could be wrong. If it does count people only once then the maximum number of views you can get is about 85,945 for the number of members who joined eccie unless your thread is posted in a men's lounge where providers can't see. But if we are counted multiple times then the view count will go higher than 85,945.
There has to be a way that a cookie only registers once..
I really can't think of a good reason why it matters how many views of a thread there are.