Obama Orders Pay Raise for Biden, Members of Congress, Federal Workers

Fiscal Cliff? Really? How concerned are they?

President Barack Obama issued an executive order to end the pay freeze on federal employees, in effect giving some federal workers a raise. One federal worker now to receive a pay increase is Vice President Joe Biden.

According to disclosure forms, Biden made a cool $225,521 last year. After the pay increase, he'll now make $231,900 per year.

Members of Congress, from the House and Senate, also will receive a little bump, as their annual salary will go from $174,000 to 174,900. Leadership in Congress, including the speaker of the House, will likewise get an increase.

To see the list of new wages, as attached to President Obama's executive order, click here:

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/...rs_692223.html
Fiscal Cliff? Really? How concerned are they?

President Barack Obama issued an executive order to end the pay freeze on federal employees, in effect giving some federal workers a raise. One federal worker now to receive a pay increase is Vice President Joe Biden.

According to disclosure forms, Biden made a cool $225,521 last year. After the pay increase, he'll now make $231,900 per year.

Members of Congress, from the House and Senate, also will receive a little bump, as their annual salary will go from $174,000 to 174,900. Leadership in Congress, including the speaker of the House, will likewise get an increase.

To see the list of new wages, as attached to President Obama's executive order, click here:

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/...rs_692223.html Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
So your point is what???????????????
They sure are carefull not to up their salaries to 250K and above aren't they.
I don't think they're worth it.
They sure are carefull not to up their salaries to 250K and above aren't they. Originally Posted by acp5762
Bingo! Call them what you want but stupid isn't one of them.
Keep the earned income under the the proposed tax increase limit.
"Earned" in this case is pretty questionable.
  • Seedy
  • 12-29-2012, 11:36 PM
Bingo! Call them what you want but stupid isn't one of them.
Keep the earned income under the the proposed tax increase limit.
"Earned" in this case is pretty questionable. Originally Posted by Chica Chaser
CC, not a single one of those lame assed son of a bitches, have earned a god damn thing, except MY TOTAL DISSRESPECT., They can all lick my ass, right after I take a dump, but before I wipe.... fuckers.....
Prolly not true...another one of Obamas' lies lol
Obama should do an executive order ending all federal employee unions. They only exist because JFK created them with an executive order. Federal employees are overpaid. They should get a thirty percent pay cut across the board. Very few would quit because most of the them couldn't get real jobs in the private sector that actually required them to do real work.
CC, not a single one of those lame assed son of a bitches, have earned a god damn thing, except MY TOTAL DISSRESPECT., They can all lick my ass, right after I take a dump, but before I wipe.... fuckers..... Originally Posted by seedman55
C'mon Seedy, don't hold back...tell us how you really feel!
So we have to borrow more money to pay these people? I suppose they need to try to keep up with inflation.
Thought members of congress had a automatic pay raise unless they voted it down.
I thight so too. But why would Obie sign an Executive Order if that was the case
Well here is something interesting

In Aug 2012 Obama Extends Federal Employee Pay Freeze

President Obama has extended his two-year pay freeze for federal employees until at least April of 2013, or until Congress passes a Fiscal Year 2013 federal budget.
With the government still operating under a continuing spending resolution, rather than an adopted budget, Obama sent a letter to congressional leaders stating, "Congress should maintain current pay rates during the period of the continuing resolution." That continuing resolution expires in April 2013, unless Congress passes a full budget before then.
Another case of Obie saying one thing and then doing exactly the opposite?
You're a putz, cholo.