Provider Ads: Editing and/or Removing?

I have searched for a while and haven't found specific answer relating to provide ads relating to being able to edit update or delete ads.

I read a user has one hour to edit a post. After that a moderator has to do it. Did not mention deleting. So my question is......

What if you make a Ad post and your schedule changes and/or you have to cancel a trip and need to remove the ad?

I'm in the process of making my very first Ad post and like to know before I start.

Thanks!
What if you make a Ad post and your schedule changes and/or you have to cancel a trip and need to remove the ad? Originally Posted by KellyGirl
Hit the RTM (Report to Moderator)
report.png
^^^
That icon will allow you to explain to the Moderators in your area why you need to change or remove the ad and they will help you.
Hit the RTM (Report to Moderator)
Attachment 577250
^^^
That icon will allow you to explain to the Moderators in your area why you need to change or remove the ad and they will help you. Originally Posted by DickEmDown
So are you saying that as soon as the Ad is posted, I can make no changes whatsoever?

-Or-

Do I have one hour to make changes (as I've read about).

If the one hour rule is in effect, is it only for changes or can it still be deleted?
You have one hour to make changes or delete the ad completely.

Hit the RTM for anything over one hour
Thanks!
Is something changes, you can also change your signature line as far as change of schedule or having to cancel a stop.
  • Mokoa
  • 10-14-2016, 08:52 PM
You can change your signature line anytime you wish.

1. Go to User CP.
  2. Go to Edit Signature.
After posting my first Ad I've experienced a few things. Right after I posted it, I attempted to edit it in order to delete it. I saw no option to delete. But I could make changes.

The Image Link does not always work. Some days the ad shows the image. Some days it doesn't. So I can't tell if people are seeing it or not.

The only difference I can tell is that I used a .png not a .jpg. All the other Ads in that section seem to be displaying the images just fine. If you right click on the broken image link and copy the address and paste it into another browser window it works fine. So I have no clue what the problem could be.

Any suggestions?
  • Mokoa
  • 10-18-2016, 11:46 PM
Link to the ad in question?
Link to the ad in question? Originally Posted by Mokoa
http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=1860376
...Some days the ad shows the image. Some days it doesn't. ... Originally Posted by KellyGirl
Are you using photobucket by chance as a hosting site for your pictures?
You can't linck to pics hosted on imgur.com; you have to make them attachments to your post UITB.
You can't linck to pics hosted on imgur.com; you have to make them attachments to your post UITB. Originally Posted by chicagoboy
What does UITB stand for? Is it just because they are on Imgur? I see many links hosted on other sites in other ads. Not sure why that would matter.

not using photobucket Tia.
Imgur is pretty picky about linking to Eccie. Most get blocked from their end.
I'm sure it has to do with the nature of our website here and their Terms of Service
Imgur is pretty picky about linking to Eccie. Most get blocked from their end.
I'm sure it has to do with the nature of our website here and their Terms of Service Originally Posted by Chica Chaser
Thanks Chica. I'll try another host and see.