Help for a friend?

Dose anyone know where I could send letters to open a fundraising type thing. I have a very close friend that has a son in the hospital dieing and she has been talking care of him 2 years and had to quit her jod and now is barely making it on ssi and her lights and rent are past due and her truck keeps shuting off. We have tried asking the churches and the news companies with no luck what so ever. If any one could help it would be a blessing. Please all paryers are needed.I'm doing as much as i can It's just not enough. Any donations of any amount would help or info on where to look for help Please Pm me for info if you can donate or know where we can ask for help! Thanks in advance Leslee Chere Love.
What I've seen done in the past that works is...solicit items that can be sold at a garage sale to benefit the family. Just post it on Craigslist under "wanted"....also under community info section. You can also post the garage sale there. Make sure you have pics of the kid at the sale, if they aren't well enough to be there.
Good Luck!
This is a tough one. Normally, if you aren't getting helps from churches or non-profits any longer, then there isn't really anyplace left to go.

Your friend my start at the hospital for some advice. If it is a church hospital system (Catholic, Methodist, Lutheran) there might be more resources for the payment of hospital bills. They probably won't have much interest in helping her pay her utilities.

I hate to say this, but if the kid really is dying, she needs to plan for that eventuality. She can't declare bankruptcy until after the kid dies, so she can discharge all the medical bills and treatment in bankruptcy. I'm not sure about funeral bills, but she needs to consult a bankruptcy attorney to plan for that eventuality.

I wish I had more hope for you, but given the bleak facts you present, I think the best she can do is plan for the future.
Has she looked into the Ronald Mcdonald house?They helped me greatly when my daughter died
TY all! @ VictoriaLyn well he is over 18 so idk if they help out then or not. The churches just won't help they haven't even tried one told her striaght out we can't help you. and others no reply sad idk but thanks.
  • FK
  • 01-22-2012, 08:47 PM
Has she contacted her local Hospice?
They may be able to help.
  • Old-T
  • 01-22-2012, 08:52 PM
I have had a couple recent experiences with hospice in two different states. Almost without exception the people I delt with were very caring and helpful. It won't solve the existing financial issues, but it is likely to be helpful with the grieving and caring they need now.
Just wanted to say thank you to The member who has sent a donation to my friend... God bless you.. Guy's and girls She has a green dot card if you would care to help . I talked to her just a few mins ago she is at baptist east in mem. tn. with her son . Thanks Chere