STD Testing

How often do you ladies/guys get tested for STD? What seems to be the best economical place to get your testing done at? I know that a full work-up can be expensive (200-350), if you haven't met your health insurance deductable or don't have a co-pay.
I used to go once every 2 weeks when I started... I was always paranoid. Then eventually I told them the truth about what I did and they said once ever 2-3 months would be ideal. I go every 3 months now. I've been doing this a little over a year and have been probably 8 times since I started.
I should also mention it's free to get tested/checked up here.
I use STD Test Express ( http://www.stdtestexpress.com/ ). They are not cheap, a full panel--nine tests for eight diseases (they do two tests for HIV) is $249. However you can order fewer tests and pay less. I like their convenience. You order through their web site and visit a LabCorp near you to have the samples taken. Three or four days later you get results through their web site. They have doctors available to discuss any positive results with you. I do this every 4 months, even though I am not a particularly active hobbiest.
Shorty gave me crabs, the dinner date at Red Lobster was tasty.

The STD examination went great & nurse Shayla gave the oral exam on Shorty, say ahhhh and open wide.
A specimen sample was sent to the lab on all patients , waiting on mods to pass or ban results.
Forgot to do a poll and the real answer won't present itself, really... do tell if someone is dumb enough to give us the low down on dick and crotch rot.
you have got to be joking, right?
The yeast infection does not count or the allergic reaction to latex, all that itching has me raw and irritated.
Shorty gave me crabs, the dinner date at Red Lobster was tasty.

The STD examination went great & nurse Shayla gave the oral exam on Shorty, say ahhhh and open wide.
A specimen sample was sent to the lab on all patients , waiting on mods to pass or ban results.
Forgot to do a poll and the real answer won't present itself, really... do tell if someone is dumb enough to give us the low down on dick and crotch rot.
you have got to be joking, right?
The yeast infection does not count or the allergic reaction to latex, all that itching has me raw and irritated. Originally Posted by countryfried

LMAO!!
Every 3 months.
Every 2 months
Is there any economical places to get tested at?
Once a month, Planned Parenthood, full spectrum, $90
The look on the nurse's face when I confirm that yes, that is the correct number of partners....PRICELESS!
How often do you ladies/guys get tested for STD? What seems to be the best economical place to get your testing done at? I know that a full work-up can be expensive (200-350), if you haven't met your health insurance deductable or don't have a co-pay. Originally Posted by shorty

Every month.

Contrary to opinions about providers and STDs, I think we're probably safer than some civvie women you might pick up at a bar. Because of our profession we MUST be safe. At least for myself I know that to be true. And I have a very good health insurance coverage...it costs me about 500 a month ( I am self-employed as a trainer and as a provider obviously) but it's worth having every dollar of it.
  • LynnT
  • 01-24-2012, 08:28 PM
Every 2/3 months or sooner if I feel the need to. I go to a free clinic, I just show up on a day they are open, show ID and get a number.
Shorty must be telling us something, just spit it out will ya.
I'm at Planned Parenthood every 2-3 months. Full spectrum testing includes blood test for HIV & HSV.

I also get tested twice a year at my OBGYN's office when I go for my semi-annual 'Well Woman Exam' (pap test, etc). I've been getting STD testing by my OB for approximately the past 10 years so it's just become a part of my usual exam.

With my OBGYN & Planned Parenthood, I'm tested 6-7 times per year. It's well worth it.
Shorty must be telling us something, just spit it out will ya. Originally Posted by countryfried

I will never tell!!