Hot, Sweaty, Scantily Clad Women - Roller Derby in KC!

I have been a fan of KC's Roller Derby scene for the last 10 years.

It is fun, lighthearted, high-energy sports entertainment for a good value.

If you haven't been, it is a Hoot!
If you have been, what have you enjoyed the most?

Back when things got started, the skaters were younger, lighter and more willing to break into fisticuffs. Our leagues have evolved into bigger, athletic gals that don't seem to fight like they used to.

Two well-attended leagues here in KC with "bouts" tonight from the:

Dead Girl Derby at the Hale Arena

and later from the

KC Roller Warriors at Municipal Auditorium.

Any other fans out there?
I like snot rocket and dirty britches from kc
If they had a National Roller Derby All-Star game, Snot Rocket would definitely be in it! She's awesome!

I used to go to the games a lot, but when they moved to Municipal Auditorium, it lost some of the fun and pizazz!
I like snot rocket and dirty britches from kc Originally Posted by destiny in kc
I used to sit next to Snot Rocket's Mom and Dad. she was a little hot number, the day she told me she was going to retire, was a sad day...
The after parties were a blast. Can't say anymore... but they were fun...
I never knew that KC have Roller Derby Teams here . That's pretty cool . I have seen some Competitions on TV . Where can I go to find information about Schedules ?
http://kcrollerwarriors.com/

Mona Lisa, you need to strap on some skates and kick ass!
I would love to try it sometime .... Hey what can I say i'm Adventurous and I love to get Sweaty .... Thank You for the link ...
Scantily Clad?

I havent seen any of that and its not the same as it was in the 70's and 80's...I cant get into the newer version.....too soft

The new rollerderby is just an oval with a line around it...bring back the elevated rink with rails and lots of elbows flying then ill go
I used to sit next to Snot Rocket's Mom and Dad. she was a little hot number, the day she told me she was going to retire, was a sad day...
The after parties were a blast. Can't say anymore... but they were fun... Originally Posted by Helicopter206
yes snot rocket is a hottie! and her parents were always at all of her games, I remember that! I liked that small rollerskating rink, I didnt like it when it moved to that big place.. I stopped going at that point.
And I didnt know she retired, that sucks!
Becoming a roller derby girl has always been a fantasy. It sounds like I am thinking of the old school version. It's a sexy sport.
I have a friend who tore her acl while practicing for her first season.
Scantily Clad?

I havent seen any of that and its not the same as it was in the 70's and 80's...I cant get into the newer version.....too soft

The new rollerderby is just an oval with a line around it...bring back the elevated rink with rails and lots of elbows flying then ill go Originally Posted by BigDeal
The new version is a sport. The old version was professional wrestling on skates.

I'll take watching athletes over fake performers in fishnets any day.

And I didnt know she retired, that sucks! Originally Posted by destiny in kc
Snot Rocket retired in 2010. Then in 2011 the returned as an All-Star skating under her real name: Kelley Young. She re-retired after the 2011 Championships in Denver, when the KCRW team took 4th in the nation.
Snot Rocket retired in 2010. Then in 2011 the returned as an All-Star skating under her real name: Kelley Young. She re-retired after the 2011 Championships in Denver, when the KCRW team took 4th in the nation. Originally Posted by KCQuestor
I think the first roller derby I ever went to was the heaven vs. hell themed one at a skate land or something like that.. do any of yall remember that?
  • KCJF1
  • 03-10-2013, 06:56 AM
http://www.kcbankedbeauties.com/

There's a banked track league that's trying to get off the ground.
First, my recollection of "Dirty Britches" the one-armed, co-founder of the league. Back in the day, huge wrecks and fist fights were common on the track. One would think that having only one arm would be a disadvantage in a street fight, but "Dirty Britches" made up for that disadvantage with a fiery, ass-kicking attitude that made her a real brawler.

Although I have not been myself, I have been told by several who have, that the "after-parties" are Epic. There must be such a rush of pheromones and estrogen released in a four-hour bout of bashing and fighting that causes the skaters to wanna peel off the fishnets and get down to some real afterhours fun!

Finally, the connection between the hobby and derby; The physicality, the sexiness, the alter ego personalities all combine for the girls to own their femininity and sex appeal. Not exploited, not objectified by men, but strong, independent, fearless women calling their own shots.

Gotta Love It!

PS The expense of a banked track means that all the money goes to building, maintaining, moving and dismantling the track and none is left for the promoter nor the athletes. So you can learn to enjoy the sport on the flat track or reminisce about what you thought were the good 'ol days.