Psychic Orgasm - Psycholagny

The more I think about what you just said Nina, the more that makes sense. I can fall asleep during quite intense massages and also during other spa treatments (such as a facial) because I get very relaxed...but I think my state of relaxation deepens to the extent that it does because I dont go in expecting to fall asleep. It's not an expectation. It just happens as a result of succumbing to relaxation. Watch, it won't happen again now I've thought about it

C xx
I've heard of it, but never tried it. It's actually a form of hypnosis. The therapist must be very skilled and the recipient must fall into a very relaxed state or hypnotic trance for this to really work. The recipient may have to do it a number of times to experience the full affects.
  • WTF
  • 04-14-2011, 02:16 PM
There are studies that show that hypnosis works best with some sort of "hystrionic" personality dispositions. And amazingly also hypnosis works best in front of audiences where the people that get hypnotized are the show. Its best with kind of "actor" characters or easy to manipulate or suggestive influence-able people.d. Originally Posted by ninasastri
That makes sense....I always wondered how people could get hypnotized! It makes more sense when you think of it in term of certain personalities. Histronocs make perfect sense. They like to attention and they like to please.

On the drean side....I dream the best dreams after taking some sleep aid.(Ambien) Anyone else find this true?
I don't use sleep aids WTF but I dream some fooking wild stuff if I eat cheese before bed.
And while the the sneakers decorated with the Union Jack was very cute, Camille your new avatar is toe curling!!!!
  • WTF
  • 04-14-2011, 03:07 PM
I don't use sleep aids WTF but I dream some fooking wild stuff if I eat cheese before bed. Originally Posted by Camille
If I eat cheese or ice cream before bed my girlfriend dreams there was a gas explosion!

And while the the sneakers decorated with the Union Jack was very cute, Camille your new avatar is toe curling!!!! Originally Posted by SR Only
It for sure would jump start the toe curling process
Camille, are you more submissive or dominant? I have found that very submissive women are easy to put into an altered state where the dominant types obviously like to be in control and are too focused on what is taking place. You need a good distraction.
Nina, have you found a good correlation between histrionic personalities and being submissive? Some of the most sexual and flrtatious women are histrionic but not always submissive.
Thanks guys, the shoot was fun...

WTF, that's TMI lol

White Chocolate I tend to switch depending on the personality of my partner. I'm comfortable leading and also following so I don't really think I'm either. To be honest, I enjoy navigating the terrain of both...keeps it interesting for me. Now if someone pushes me to be submissive I'm more likely to push back and be dominant...and vice versa. There is a difference between leading someone and pushing them. Am I making sense or is that just confusing lol?

C xx
They like to attention and they like to please.

On the drean side....I dream the best dreams after taking some sleep aid.(Ambien) Anyone else find this true? Originally Posted by WTF
Yes that is why it works with hystrionic personalities. They like the drama and the attention. That is why the hypnotists always used histrionic women as "good examples" for that when performing in public. They used to tell them that they are ideal patients and the idea of getting all this attention of course helped a lot for getting into the state of hypnosia.

Sleeping pills can enhance dreams. I think for Ambien this is especially true.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stage_hypnosis

here is a link to stage hypnosis with histrionic personalities. It was most often women, because most often women were sent to therapy by their men or fathers because they were not behaving good enough ;-(
Nina, have you found a good correlation between histrionic personalities and being submissive? Some of the most sexual and flrtatious women are histrionic but not always submissive. Originally Posted by whitechocolate
Not really. But being hystrionic adds to the act of drama and acting and that explains the flirtatious nature. The sexual is also an act of getting attention so is being overly flirtatious. But it does not necessarily contribute to being submissive. Although it depends on how you would define submissiveness. If the "attention seeking behaviour" is defined as being submissive then i`d say so. If being spanked in bed is being defined as submissive it does not have to be.

quoted from wikipedia on susceptible people for hypnosis:
"Research by Deirdre Barrett has found that there are two distinct types of highly susceptible subjects which she terms fantasizers and dissociaters. Fantasizers score high on absorption scales, find it easy to block out real-world stimuli without hypnosis, spend much time daydreaming, report imaginary companions as a child and grew up with parents who encouraged imaginary play. Dissociaters often have a history of childhood abuse or other trauma, learned to escape into numbness, and to forget unpleasant events."
Thanks guys, the shoot was fun...
C xx Originally Posted by Camille
Yowza, Lady C!!!! That's just a great, great look!!! Enough to make a man late for work....dinner...the theater...you name it!!!

VERY nicely done!!
Yowza, Lady C!!!! That's just a great, great look!!! Enough to make a man late for work....dinner...the theater...you name it!!!

VERY nicely done!! Originally Posted by Sisyphus
I agree :-) great photo!!, i wanted to comment on that before too!!
Thank you lady and gentlemen. I genuinely do appreciate your kind comments. Can I please politely ask though that we get Nina's thread back on track? Partly because its making me uncomfortable that the thread has been swayed this way and partly because I was really getting into hearing about the whole hypnosis issue. If you want to comment it's ok to send me a message. Cheers.

Btw Nina, that bit about hypnosis infront of crowds often being more effective REALLY surprised me. To be honest, I always wondered if those sort of situations were just a bit of a fraudulent show..so that was surprising to me. I guess I would have assumed that people would have tried hard to contol a situation like that so they don't end up looking daft in front of multiple folks. Interesting....

C xxx
Camille, that makes sense. You are obviously not overly submissive. In my experience, overly submissive women can be put into an alterned mental state much faster. They love to surrender controls.
That makes sense....I always wondered how people could get hypnotized! It makes more sense when you think of it in term of certain personalities. Histronocs make perfect sense. They like to attention and they like to please.

On the drean side....I dream the best dreams after taking some sleep aid.(Ambien) Anyone else find this true? Originally Posted by WTF
I don't use sleep aids WTF but I dream some fooking wild stuff if I eat cheese before bed. Originally Posted by Camille
I've wondered as well. I don't think I've ever even bothered to let anyone attempt to hypnotize me...it just seemed like a waste of both of our time.

I also "know" that we all dream whenever we get to R.E.M. sleep. But I only rarely remember what I dream. I do recall several dreams that seemed rather vivid...so vivid that I was actually angry when I woke up & realized they were "only" dreams.

But, it's a very unusual occurrence for me.

Thank you lady and gentlemen. I genuinely do appreciate your kind comments. Can I please politely ask though that we get Nina's thread back on track? Partly because its making me uncomfortable that the thread has been swayed this way and partly because I was really getting into hearing about the whole hypnosis issue. If you want to comment it's ok to send me a message. Cheers. Originally Posted by Camille
Party pooper!!

Ok...

Btw Nina, that bit about hypnosis infront of crowds often being more effective REALLY surprised me. To be honest, I always wondered if those sort of situations were just a bit of a fraudulent show..so that was surprising to me. I guess I would have assumed that people would have tried hard to contol a situation like that so they don't end up looking daft in front of multiple folks. Interesting....

C xxx Originally Posted by Camille
Surprises me, too! I think I'd have a hard time being hypnotized in an intimate setting. In front of a crowd...no chance, Lance!