the riots and violence

Nothing good to say about the police action and Mr. Floyd.

But how much of these riots and violence have anything to do with that.....or is it just a
way to loot and steal.
Its just a way to loot and steal at this point! Install brush/cattle guards on the police vehicles and plow these rioters in a corner and arrest ever one of 'em
Its just a way to loot and steal at this point! Install brush/cattle guards on the police vehicles and plow these rioters in a corner and arrest ever one of 'em Originally Posted by winn dixie
Installing Brush and Cattle Guards and running over rioters is a little harsh.

Do agree with identify, arresting and sending the rioters and looters in jail.
I don't see how anyone can watch that 8 minute video and not be pissed off. Protesting is warranted. What is happening in some of these cities is not.

There is a huge protest march happening today. Sly Turner is taking part. Sounds like it is going to be huge. Tra tha Truth and Bun B have organized it and Floyd's family will join as well. That march could very well be the model and the example. How it goes will probably be how the rest of the country goes.

Floyd's private funeral will be here on June 9. A public viewing will be held on the 8th. All eyes will be on Houston.
Nothing good to say about the police action and Mr. Floyd.

But how much of these riots and violence have anything to do with that.....or is it just a
way to loot and steal. Originally Posted by VitaMan

Yep!!!!
Violence never is the answer for anything!
I'm not judgmental or trying to figure out why those that loot and destroy property do so.

But I will say
I hope nothing bad happens.

There's too much racism and hate in the world and never will understand why.

It's such a sad situation.
I cried when I saw the video.
Lost for words with a heavy heart.

That video of him begging for his life and screaming for his momma traumatized me!

Why didn't anyone intervene!!!

Horrible!!
I don't see how anyone can watch that 8 minute video and not be pissed off. Protesting is warranted. What is happening in some of these cities is not. Originally Posted by boardman
Couldn’t agree more bm......Legitimate protesting is definitely warranted....looters and opportunist exploiting the situation to incite violence and vandalize should be arrested or shot on site if compliance is not met....

Floyd's private funeral will be here on June 9. A public viewing will be held on the 8th. All eyes will be on Houston. Originally Posted by boardman
Let’s hope Houston doesn’t fuck it up.....
So good. So far.
Let's hope it stays good when it gets dark.

#DontRiot
#WorkTogether
Nothing good to say about the police action and Mr. Floyd. Originally Posted by VitaMan
I don't see how anyone can watch that 8 minute video and not be pissed off. Protesting is warranted. Originally Posted by boardman
I agree that the police behavior was despicable warranting legitimate protest. However, based on various reports, there are several groups with other agendas initiating a lot of the destruction and violence. Mixed in with the legitimate peaceful protestors, there are violent protestors, anarchists, looters, right-wing hate groups, ANTIFA, etc.
You're correct Italia the video is horrible. Nauseating. Inhuman. IMO, the officer knew he was killing Floyd and wanted to make it so he was not reviveable.

Why? My guess is racism played some part but reports are that they worked at the same nightclub for years.

Something tells me it was personal.
You're correct Italia the video is horrible. Nauseating. Inhuman. IMO, the officer knew he was killing Floyd and wanted to make it so he was not reviveable.

Why? My guess is racism played some part but reports are that they worked at the same nightclub for years.

Something tells me it was personal. Originally Posted by gnadfly

Yea, got that same feeling.
I'm not judgmental or trying to figure out why those that loot and destroy property do so.

But I will say
I hope nothing bad happens.

There's too much racism and hate in the world and never will understand why.

It's such a sad situation.
I cried when I saw the video.
Lost for words with a heavy heart.

That video of him begging for his life and screaming for his momma traumatized me!

Why didn't anyone intervene!!!

Horrible!! Originally Posted by Italia DiBella

I kept thinking the same thing. People were standing around videoing but no one was doing anything including the other cops two of which were kneeling on the guy too. But what really pissed me off was the one standing guard letting it happen and protecting the other three from anyone trying to get close. Why those three haven't been charged is beyond me. Floyd was in custody so they have an absolute a duty to protect him at that point. That thin blue line is far too sacred in my opinion.

Something tells me it was personal. Originally Posted by gnadfly

I read that same thing. The club owner confirmed it. He didn't say that there were any issues between the two but, in my mind, they were either friends or at least acquaintances because of that tie and that should have meant something or they had bad blood for some reason.
Then who turned it into a racism incident. And who is doing the looting.
You can't figure that out on your own?

I agree with others here....all four cops new better.
The ones that watched are just as guilty as the one who used his knee.
Once on the ground and cuffed...he was no threat. It was game over.

As far as the rioting and looting....it only makes matters worse.
I would treat them the same as the bad cops.
Wrong is wrong and has no color.
Not only was it game over but it's game changed.

SCOTUS has held that no police officer has a duty to protect anyone even if they know harm is imminent. Most recently upheld in the Douglas school shooting.
They have, however, repeatedly held that once in custody( Custody is narrowly confined to situations where a person loses his or her freedom to move freely and seek assistance on their own) the government(police, arresting officer(s)) are required to protect that person from that point forward whether they are in custody, jail or prison.
In effect Floyd was being assaulted while in custody. I believe that Minnesota law has wording similar to Texas, that being a part of the crime is considered committing the crime itself(loosely). Not only are those other three guilty of not protecting Floyd they can and should be held to the same charges that the asshole is being charged with. Why that hasn't happened is beyond me.

The riots and looting are opportunists taking advantage of a situation.
I'm sure that many of them have the rules for radicals committed to memory.