Wendy’s Will Introduce “Surge Pricing” to combat Bidenomics.

Wendy’s is saying that their cost are up as much as 35% in the past 2 years.

So they are going to try this “surge pricing” gimmick, more ore less making buying a burger the same speculation experience as trading in commodities.

They will post the price at that moment.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2024/...cing-next-year
Wendy’s must be full of shit. Biden says inflation is down to 3.5 %.
Wendy's must be full of shit. I know after eating there, I am.

After reading that story and what you posted, it looks like you might be too.

Nowhere in that Al-Jazeera story is "Bidenomics" discussed. Nowhere is it mentioned that their costs are up as much as 35% in the past two years. Did you make up all that stuff? Sure looks like it. Maybe you meant to link to a different story. BTW -- the Al-Jazeera story you posted is from AP, so you know how slanted that report is.

I have been to a pub or two where beer prices fluctuate throughout the day based on supply and demand. Uber and StubHub use dynamic pricing. And don't get me started on sports wagering. I guess they're being crushed by Bidenomics as well.

Swing and miss, good buddy. Can't spin a block. It just don't work.
Big mistake by Wendy's.
Idc though. I don't eat there.
The only surge that will happen after this variable pricing model, will be the surge of customers leaving Wendy's to go across the street to "insert name here" restaurant

Nowhere in that Al-Jazeera story is "Bidenomics" discussed. Nowhere is it mentioned that their costs are up as much as 35% in the past two years. Did you make up all that stuff? Sure looks like it. Maybe you meant to link to a different story. BTW -- the Al-Jazeera story you posted is from AP, so you know how slanted that report is.

I have been to a pub or two where beer prices fluctuate throughout the day based on supply and demand. Uber and StubHub use dynamic pricing. And don't get me started on sports wagering. I guess they're being crushed by

Bidenomics as well.

Swing and miss, good buddy. Can't spin a block. It just don't work. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Also one of the lead stories on Fox News.
None of this would be happening if Bidenomics had not caused the catastrophic rise in inflation the past 3 years.
... I understood your point right off the bat, Jackie.

The liberals tell us every day how the stock market is up
and Biden's economy is doing fine ---
And then Wendy's has to INCREASE prices because of HIGHER costs.

#### Salty
None of this would be happening if Bidenomics had not caused the catastrophic rise in inflation the past 3 years. Originally Posted by Jackie S
Surely Trump's dismal performance in containing covid couldn't have anything to do with it.

Biden had to mop up the catastrophic trump fuckup.
Surely Trump's dismal performance in containing covid couldn't have anything to do with it.

Biden had to mop up the catastrophic trump fuckup. Originally Posted by royamcr
More revisionist history from the left.

Biden had to mop up the catastrophic trump fuckup. Originally Posted by royamcr
+1

Spot on ^. Trump did mishandle the Pandemic, no doubt about it!
This morning on a radio talk show they were trashing the idea. With callers calling in where's the beef? Snick
Gonna be epic fail.

And then Wendy's has to INCREASE prices because of HIGHER costs.
Originally Posted by Salty Again
You don't hear that from McDonald's or Burger King. Does Wendy's use different cows to get the hamburger meat?

Biden economy is doing just fine. Unemployment is low, Inflation is decreasing, the stock market is on Fire. Fidelity has 400,000 new 401K millionaires the past year, due to a Hot stock market.

Thanks Sleepy Joe.
Thanks Kamala.
Feels like Wendy's is looking for attention. They are getting it but whether that turns into dollars or not who knows.

Costs are way up and the days of $10 getting a good burger fries and drink are going away. I would not go this route but Wendy's is trying to think outside the box I give them some credit for that just am not inspired to respond by eating their food

I have been to a pub or two where beer prices fluctuate throughout the day based on supply and demand. Uber and StubHub use dynamic pricing. And don't get me started on sports wagering. I guess they're being crushed by Bidenomics as well.

Swing and miss, good buddy. Can't spin a block. It just don't work. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
That's why they call it Fast Food, lol.
None of this would be happening if Bidenomics had not caused the catastrophic rise in inflation the past 3 years. Originally Posted by Jackie S
LOL.- yeah ok. Perhaps you were sleeping during 2019-2021 when the country was locked down, and then re-opened?

Sudden surges in demand will ALWAYS reduce supply and increase prices.

It's econ 101.

But please tell us why the stock market is at an all time high, and low unemployment numbers AGAIN. What specific Biden policies are you referring to that HE has caused inflation vs. an economy that was locked down for 20 plus months, suddenly re-opening?

Perhaps Wendy's is just slow on the uptick to raise prices more like their competition did. McDonalds did, as did most restaurants. In fact, labor is usually the biggest cost to restaurants, over food prices, but the variable pricing model would help restaurants mainly to cover shifts where they are busy- Most of these places operate today on a minimally viable staffing model. Most managers are there as operations/ fully on site in the BOH operations either cooking, or training new folks in addition to the bookkeeping and ordering.

The same reason we bitch about the shitty service at FF restaurants, is that these companies have found out that 6 dollar burgers just can't be made with the same level of employee service that was what made their restaurants successful. You can however likely make that experience again with an 8 or 9 dollar burger. The days of cheap-ass food and Ho's has come to an end. They masses isn't going to settle for $7.25 minimum wages; and if they could get away with paying that little, the service would be also at the minimum. Or they could hire out some jailbirds to make you baconator.
... Now, Now there, lads... No need to grouse.

Me Restaurant "Insiders" are sayin' that Wendy's New "official" view
is that "Surge Pricing" is NOT in their future.

(Prolly due to the COMPLAINTS and Negative Press they got)

#### Salty